Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Sage
U. S.
Sage is female  Sage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 12:40 AM

Re: Thought Experiment

If it was winter, I'd go out and talk to him and offer him a coat and a cup of hot chocolate. Once he had the teddy bear, I'd tell him how much I like teddy bears. If it was summer I might offer him sun screen (I would not help him apply it) and something cool to drink. I'd also take him some cookies. I bake good cookies. If the tent and camping stuff was in the yard, I'd tell him that he was not welcome to live on my property, but I could help him find a place along the river nearby. I would ask him if he needed help. Depending on what he said, I would tailor my response to what I felt I could do that would be most helpful.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2021, 11:57 AM

Originally, I was going to say that not until the police had arrived would I have returned to bed. However, you added another fact to the scenario regarding who Dave was, thus making me re-evaluate my initial response. Knowing he was your assistant, I would go back to bed immediately and not worry about him.
Sage
U. S.
Sage is female  Sage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2021, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Originally, I was going to say that not until the police had arrived would I have returned to bed. However, you added another fact to the scenario regarding who Dave was, thus making me re-evaluate my initial response. Knowing he was your assistant, I would go back to bed immediately and not worry about him.
Interesting. A naked guy in the yard could be a bit nuts, no matter who he works for. Grin.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2021, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Illuminated in the light, he looks ghastly pale, but a little nudity never hurt anyone,
You might not think that after you've seen him.

it would give me a good laugh to see him sandals.
Just don't look any higher. Dave is not a pretty sight above the knees.

Once again I check from my warm and toasty room, despite this poor man being so obviously cold.....
I see you ignored my warning, and looked above the knees.
Sage
U. S.

16-03-2021, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
You might not think that after you've seen him.

Just don't look any higher. Dave is not a pretty sight above the knees.

I see you ignored my warning, and looked above the knees.
At least for me, I did look above the knees. Now, if the guy is a young stud, he might be showing off. Since he's not I could feel sorry for him. Of course there are nudists who like to be bare no matter what. I was invited to join a group of them when I was young. No one would invite me now even though I don't look half bad for an old lady. Grin.

I assume Dave is not modest and is very self-accepting. There is something to be said for that....
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2021, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Sage ->
If it was winter, I'd go out and talk to him and offer him a coat and a cup of hot chocolate.
If it was winter, he wouldn't be in your garden. Dave is very good with locks; he's be in your kitchen, looking for Ovaltine. He doesn't like hot chocolate.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

16-03-2021, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Knowing he was your assistant, I would go back to bed immediately and not worry about him.
Dave once killed a man; he strangled him while he was sleeping. Do not go back to bed.
Sage
U. S.

16-03-2021, 09:14 PM

If it was winter, he wouldn't be in your garden. Dave is very good with locks; he's be in your kitchen, looking for Ovaltine. He doesn't like hot chocolate.
If he was in my kitchen without my permission I'd sic my cat on him. He wouldn't find any Ovaltine. I've never liked it.

My brother literally killed four people. I had to overcome my fear to survive.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

16-03-2021, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Sage ->
Interesting. A naked guy in the yard could be a bit nuts, no matter who he works for. Grin.
Psychotic, with homicidal tendencies, but, in layman's terms, "nuts" is a fair description.
Sage
U. S.

16-03-2021, 09:24 PM

Psychotic, with homicidal tendencies, but, in layman's terms, "nuts" is a fair description.
My brother was diagnosed as paranoid schizophrenic by the psychiatrist for the defense. It was from being fed too much fundamentalist religion as we were growing up and because his physicians prescribed six heavy drugs....Stelazine, Thorazine, Librium, Lithium, Valium and one other I can't think of right now. It happened in 1980. That event changed everything in my life, even how I respond to this thought experiment.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top