Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2013, 08:22 PM

The common cold.

I meant to ask this question before but it slipped my mind, only now that I feel one coming on does it remind me.
Have they found a cure for the common cold yet?, seems I've been hearing since I was a child that they have not found a cure for the common cold, have they even found a cure for a Royal cold yet? If there is no cure why are there so many advertisements for cold remedies?, who's having who on here I wonder.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2013, 08:37 PM

Re: The common cold.

Vitamin c & zinc, only things that work.
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2013, 08:40 PM

don't think they've found a cure yet...maybe ..like flu ..there's too many different types.the different companies making all the cold remedies must be worth a fortune by now.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2013, 09:09 PM

Got a cold ? Best let nature take it's course.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2013, 09:13 PM

I don't suppose it's on the scientific list of priorities at the moment, especially when some companies are cleaning up on cold sufferers. I always find hot whiskey, cloves, lemon, and a teaspoon of sugar help me, I'm boiling up the lemon sugar and cloves now.
Where do I get zinc Twiz?, don't say in a zinc shop.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2013, 09:21 PM

In supermarkets or pharmacy, there's Vitamin c & zinc tablets. Hope they work for you I usually take them at the first sign of a sniffle & it goes away, forgot last time & got a nasty one!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2013, 09:22 PM

No cure as far as I know. Stuff works on the symptoms or affects of said cold. Just like pain killers they remove the discomfort but the cause of the pain is still there lurking in the background. Similarly a gut full whisky dulls the senses and enough of it makes you forget about the cold, and everything else come to think of it if you don't ease up a tad .

Fancy a shot now come to think of it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2013, 09:37 PM

Many different cures out there oddly they all take 5-7 days to work which of course is the average time a cold lasts anyway !
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

18-11-2013, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
In supermarkets or pharmacy, there's Vitamin c & zinc tablets. Hope they work for you I usually take them at the first sign of a sniffle & it goes away, forgot last time & got a nasty one!
Thanks Twiz, if the whiskey dont work I'll ask the missus to pick up that in the chemists tomorrow, always handy to have a standby.
Finished off the hot whiskey and I'm feeling grand, I'll see what the port does now.
Cheers Mark!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2013, 10:36 PM

Mark, didn't you also suspect you were coming down with summat?

Some colds are worse than others. I've had ones that have been mildly debilitating. I've had ones that have seen me off work for a week. I've had ones that have seen me go through packets and packets of kitchen roll, paracetamols, lemon & ginger hot drinks. I have had ones that have seen me coughing me guts up, and more besides, and the eventual need of antibiotics for chest infection.

If there's one thing I can't tolerate, it's a blimming heavy stinking keep you in bed for a week cold! So keep away from me, both of yas!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top