Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2013, 12:41 PM

M r s a

Just heard a great story coming out of a near tragedy.
My B in L's best man at his wedding had a heart attack and was rushed to hospital.
Whilst in hospital they managed to save him from the heart attack but he caught
MRSA the microbes that can also kill you by killing your flesh and skin off.
The good thing is that although his skin on his arm dropped off and wont
grow again the hospital have tied his arm to his chest. Sounds strange I know.
This will enable his chest to grow the skin back onto the arm where it wont
grow at the moment, so therefore, they are using his own body to cure the
lack of skin somewhere else.
How great is that?? They do marvellous things in Medicine nowadays
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2013, 01:05 PM

Re: M r s a

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
Just heard a great story coming out of a near tragedy.
My B in L's best man at his wedding had a heart attack and was rushed to hospital.
Whilst in hospital they managed to save him from the heart attack but he caught
MRSA the microbes that can also kill you by killing your flesh and skin off.
The good thing is that although his skin on his arm dropped off and wont
grow again the hospital have tied his arm to his chest. Sounds strange I know.
This will enable his chest to grow the skin back onto the arm where it wont
grow at the moment, so therefore, they are using his own body to cure the
lack of skin somewhere else.
How great is that?? They do marvellous things in Medicine nowadays

Yes Sandy darlin' - it is good news. However MRSA tends to attack the flesh in secretive places (trying to be delicate here) and therefore trying to cure MRSA by allowing the skin on his chest to regrow the missing flesh in these secretive places may not be that convenient for him.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2013, 01:14 PM

Also if hospitals were cleaner we would be safer, so perhaps employing more cleaners and making hospitals actually smell like hospitals again might be a better way forward.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2013, 01:40 PM

Marvellous news Sandy I hope it all goes well for him, with no further complications.

Geoff, you make a very good point.
I did have to ask one particular nurse to wash her hands before touching my leg when I was hospitalised last.
Bring back the matron.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2013, 01:48 PM

Sandy - that sounds like what they did in WW2, it was marvellous how they repaired the horrendous injuries .....
Wish him well, and a speedy recovery .....
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2013, 01:49 PM

When I had my appendix out, there was an old lady opposite with badly infected ulcers on her legs, they looked black & manky, a nurse when changing her dressings, left the dirty ones on the window sill & went off to see to another patient, leave the wounds exposed. Everyone in the ward was recovering from surgery. When the food came round so did the cleaner, she dusted the light fittings right above our beds, showering our food with dust.
When I got home I had 3 infections in my scar and had adhesions, caused, I'm sure by struggling to get to the loo, straight after surgery, with the nurse refusing to help me get up!
Is it any wonder that people get infections?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2013, 01:58 PM

God - thats bloomin awful !!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2013, 02:12 PM

Our local hospital is under "special measures" lets hope it improves!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

11-12-2013, 02:16 PM

It better !!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2013, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
When I had my appendix out, there was an old lady opposite with badly infected ulcers on her legs, they looked black & manky, a nurse when changing her dressings, left the dirty ones on the window sill & went off to see to another patient, leave the wounds exposed. Everyone in the ward was recovering from surgery. When the food came round so did the cleaner, she dusted the light fittings right above our beds, showering our food with dust.
When I got home I had 3 infections in my scar and had adhesions, caused, I'm sure by struggling to get to the loo, straight after surgery, with the nurse refusing to help me get up!
Is it any wonder that people get infections?

That's terrible Twiz. We seem to be hearing of more and mo
hospitals in the news lately for bad care/negligence/infection controls etc. I'd be really worried if I had to go in for anything.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top