Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2011, 01:18 PM

Re: Olympic Games

I'll be watching some of the Games on TV, I enjoy athletics the best.

Maybe a few years ago I would like to have gone but the thought of all the crowds and pushing and shoving puts me off........ sat watching in home comforts is the way to go now!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2011, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
These days Sports are all about making money and that's not me. I do watch the Olympics but the last one, where those idiots were bloeing those stupid horns, really turned me off. If I were there & paid big bucks for tickets those fools would have their horns shoved up where the sun don't shine.
Bob matey, you're getting your sports confused - the last Olympics were in Beijing. The horns you are referring to (Vuvuzelas) were at the soccer world cup in South Africa.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2011, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Bob matey, you're getting your sports confused - the last Olympics were in Beijing. The horns you are referring to (Vuvuzelas) were at the soccer world cup in South Africa.
I "sit" corrected. LOL I can't think, the horns are too loud!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2011, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I thought the World Cup in SA was a great event and one of the best World Cups ever - and that is something coming from someone who doesn't follow football. I think the atmosphere must have been great and good on South Africa for pulling off a major event that many said would be a disaster and something that they were unable to host successfully. I even liked the vuvuzelas and it was such a great pity that that Nelson Mandella's grand daughter was killed in a road accident and he did not feel able to attend the ending ceremony.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2011, 05:30 PM

Lol @ Bob you have OOHD.. 'Overuse of horns disorder' lol
madmare
Essex UK
madmare is female  madmare has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2011, 09:34 PM

Much as I would love to see the equestrian eventing, I won't be going as I think its going to be the target for terroism. They have been waiting to get Britain and I think it will be there.
Also I would have to drive up the A12 to get there which i won't do.
Also the world is mean't to end in 2012 so is that just a coincidence it the olympic games too!

I have also heard you have to pay for the tickets now even though you may not be succesful in getting them and although they will refund you, until that time comes the goverment will be on a nice little earner with all the interest from the millions that will be held in the account. Thats a bit crafty I think.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2011, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by madmare ->
I have also heard you have to pay for the tickets now even though you may not be succesful in getting them and although they will refund you, until that time comes the goverment will be on a nice little earner with all the interest from the millions that will be held in the account. Thats a bit crafty I think.
You're right madmare, it's all about cash now, but they will never recoup the billions lost on the altar to ego and vanity. Coe and Blair et al have a lot to answer for, but of course they never will..and I doubt they will have to enter the lottery to buy a ticket..
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2011, 05:34 PM

I am, and intend to remain, an Olympic-free Zone. You are welcome to join me.
I will begin by ignoring some trivial social event on April 29, then gradually work up to the 2012 jamboree.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2011, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
I will begin by ignoring some trivial social event on April 29, then gradually work up to the 2012 jamboree.
Cracking idea Claire, you ought to go national with it...
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2011, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->

I'll join you!!! - how about a 'Republican' party??? on 29th April and and an Anti- Olympic festival for the entire two weeks next July???

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top