Join for free
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2011, 09:07 PM

Todays Milk.

I normally never venture into the kitchen, as a matter of fact I am under strict orders to keep out, especially when herself is busy, and that's fine with me, I never dabble with stuff I know nothing about. However when I had to get some milk from the fridge for my coffee last night, I was shocked to find it in a type of petrol jerrycan container!, what happened to the humble pint milk bottle or carton?. This new stuff (she tells me) lasts all week and doesn't go off for ages hence the huge container. I'm a believer in conspiracy theories and misinformation and I simply don't trust milk that doesn't go off in a Day or two, are they putting something into it to keep us all calm?, I notice the youth of today are not protesting as much as we did, is it the doctored milk?. In the meantime there's a bit of a sour on in our house after my few day holiday.
What do they put in it anyway and is fresh milk a thing of the past?.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2011, 01:39 AM

Re: Todays Milk.

Noticed this and had to post!

Check out this video about the current state of milk:

Very sad indeed - not only is it not milk as we know it, but harmful to us too, as our bodies can't digest this new 'milk' properly :/
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2011, 01:34 PM

Not good news is it? I get through four pints or more of cheapo supermarket 'whole milk' a day, with gold top a couple of times a week. The bottle says use within three days once opened. I don't think it's done me any harm but then again I can still remember the wonderful taste of milk from glass bottles when little. We kids were in big trouble if we pinched the cream off the top, Mum used to shake it so everybody got a little bit.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2011, 02:46 PM

Azz, do you drink milk? I am thinking that you probably don't but if yes, what sort do you get?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2011, 03:54 PM

I only buy milk if I know we are having visitors.

Both my husband and myself don't touch cow's milk at all, he used to suffer with digestive problems for years until I switched to soya milk. Neither of us have milk in tea or coffee but use the soya milk for cereals.

The best change we've made!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2011, 04:17 PM

Haven't had a chance to read it yet but you guys might find this interesting: http://www.seedsofhealth.co.uk/artic..._england.shtml

Originally Posted by maryl ->
Azz, do you drink milk? I am thinking that you probably don't but if yes, what sort do you get?
I don't - haven't done for about 10 years

I am however interested in getting some 'raw' milk (i.e not pasteurised or homogenised or standardised in any way) but there doesn't seem to be anywhere round here that sells it.

I'm also interested in trying some raw buffalo milk, as it's meant to contain more protein and calcium but less cholesterol (and meant to taste nicer too).

Has to be raw though - as modern processing just wrecks it.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2011, 04:27 PM

Take a jug with you when you go out Azz, stop at the nearest field of cows and help yourself! Careful it doesn't squirt in your eye though!
maryl
UK

21-03-2011, 04:31 PM

Thanks, well because I am trying hard to gain weight and have osteoporosis the idea of raw milk sounds like part of the answer. Will have to get a cow or buffalo in the back garden?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

21-03-2011, 05:25 PM

haha I have thought of both of your suggestions

Mary, if you don't seem to be putting on weight it might be worth eating some fermented foods like sauerkraut - they contain good bacteria that help digest food. (Also - you might be suffering with IBS or similar - if so would be worth trying to tackle that first )

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top