Join for free
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2011, 07:02 PM

Idols or bad influence

Wayne Rooney has just got a two match ban for using foul and/or abusive language after scoring a goal in the match between West Ham and Manu. IMO I do not think it is a hard enough punishment if the FA really want to cut out swearing and abusive behaviour by players.

You all know my views on any use of bad language antwhere let alone where millions of young public can see it and go on to imitate their so called idols.

What do you think?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2011, 07:09 PM

Re: Idols or bad influence

All top footballers appear to be spoilt brats, but that just reflects society as a whole these days I suppose. Whilst it is common knowledge that I hate and detest the stupid game called football, what I can't understand about this particular incident is that he had just scored his hat trick. Shouldn't he have been just a little bit happier? It was if he was on drugs, are these people ever checked?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2011, 07:26 PM

I'm not a football fan either, but I agee with you AB, People in a position like him should be showing a good example to the young.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2011, 07:46 PM

What is it with this bloke? He gets 200 grand a week,plus all the endorsements, just to kick a ball about the place. I myself would not be able to stop smiling, just thinking about all that lovely lolly.A beautiful wife and child, huge house, what is his problem? When you think of all the poor people just struggling along,without getting the hump,makes you want to weep.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2011, 07:54 AM

A two match ban is an extraordinarily 'light' sentence. Should have been the equivalent of a year's salary and a six-month ban to begin in September.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2011, 10:26 AM

I would have loved to play against the Rooney types, with the ' Dirty tactics ' that we were taught I would have them 'red carded' nearly every match.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2011, 12:42 PM

I think some of today's football players think they are gods, they have no manners and no respect for the fans who help pay their obscene wages.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2011, 02:08 PM

Many of them are spoilt brats and big girls blouses - except for David Seaman of course.
GOG
Northumberland UK
GOG is male  GOG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2011, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Many of them are spoilt brats and big girls blouses - except for David Seaman of course.
Also except Alan Shearer!
Treacle
New Member!
Derbyshire UK
Treacle is female 

05-04-2011, 06:19 PM

Agree with you all, to much foul language and spitting, yuk, the salaries they are payed are disgusting they don't play for the love of the game anymore.

Treacle

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top