Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 07:03 AM

Re: Good Morning Monday

Good Morning everyone! Sorry to hear about your knee, Tabby...bet you smell lovely though! Hope it gets better soon.
Cooking today from the allotment harvest I picked yesterday. A marrow, 4 red onions, and a dozen potatoes. Just going to make some soup because I have no imagination for marrow! Its exciting though! Other than that, no plans. Have a lovely day everybody!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 07:29 AM

Good morning everybody.

Good to know you've got your knee moving Tabby - just take it easy.

Keep fit class for me this morning - maybe followed by a swim if I have the energy.

Mowing the lawn & tidying the garden this afternoon.

Have a good day all.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 09:12 AM

Good morning everyone, looks like being another warm one here..

Done the Tesco shop and walked the dogs already and now having a well earned brew. I'll be pickling my shallots this afternoon so I have to nip down to Asda for some pickling vinegar as Tesco no longer stock it apparently, so another errand to run..

Have a pleasant day folks
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 09:30 AM

Good morning everyone a lovely one too but oh we need some rain.

Having picked another bag of beans from my mammoth harvest I am about to distribute them among my neighbours.
I am all beaned out at the moment

Then off to the vets for a conversation about the huge growth on Chloes toe. The toe needs to come off, if can't be left because it will eventually ulcerate when she is walking on it and I am pretty sure she won't tolerate a boot when a leaf stuck to her leg causes a melt down and refusal to walk. A general anesthetic is a no with raised liver enzymes. I think I am going to request another blood test to see how the liver is doing now. Once the toe ulcerates allowing her to continue with an open wound is not an option, the operation will have to risked.

ST since starting stretching excercise laying on the floor every day my knee problems have gone , I think I have strengthened the muscles .
I hope yours improves through the day.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 09:46 AM

Chloe sounds a real worry for you Meg and all of us animal lovers I'm sure feel your pain.
Anyway, let's hope that the vet can come up with something for a favourable resolution to her condition... and here's wishing the best of luck to you both..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 09:55 AM

Good morning all.
A nice comfortable 16 degs here at the moment.

Hope your knee improves soon, Tabby, and hope you can sort Chloe out safely, Meg.

I am off into town shortly, then more gardening and house chores.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Chloe sounds a real worry for you Meg and all of us animal lovers I'm sure feel your pain.
Anyway, let's hope that the vet can come up with something for a favourable resolution to her condition... and here's wishing the best of luck to you both..
Originally Posted by Mups ->
Hope your knee improves soon, Tabby, and hope you can sort Chloe out safely, Meg.
Thanks both I can feel a huge bill coming on.
A blood test which was £70 a year ago was £120 today

It is only a matter of time before the lump (which is about an inch and a quarter across) now level with the pad chafes and ulcerates risking infection getting into the foot and I would rather go sooner than later while there is no wound so the toe needs to come off. The vet will do the growth on the eye at the same time. The blood test today will show how much support Chole needs during the op with raised liver enzymes. It is risk doing an operation but so is leaving it to get worse and Chloe older, she is 14 at Christmas.

At least it is is dry now, not wet and frosty which would make keeping a wound clean and dry even harder.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 01:59 PM

Belated Monday greetings to all

A lovely sunny day which has been a bearable heat so far.

Had to go into town to Boots Opticians to see what they could do to one of the lens in my glasses which was badly scratched. They said I needed a new lens so that is going to take 2 weeks to do at a cost of £200!

Catching up on the ironing today.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 02:02 PM

Meg, so sorry to hear about Chloe’s toe.

I hope all goes well at the Vets and she gets the treatment she needs.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

26-07-2021, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Meg, so sorry to hear about Chloe’s toe.

I hope all goes well at the Vets and she gets the treatment she needs.
Thanks Mags just looked up the cost of the operation and picked myself up off the floor , I might have to sell my tiara ....

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top