Join for free
Page 101 of 164 « First < 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 04:22 PM

Re: Covid-19 Vaccinations

Actually 2 paracetamol did not reduce my pain very much at all although it likely prevented any spikes in temperature. I had a pretty intense reaction. They advise against ibuprofen for the side effects.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It's nothing to do with pain thresholds Twink. Some people are reacting others are not. You don't develop a fever because you are more sensitive to pain.
I wasn't talking about fever Annie, a lot of people suffered muscle aches and pains & that is relevant to their pain threshold. That is why I checked my temperature, but it was 37.9C & as I have said and 2 paracetamol dealt with the pain & the temp!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I wasn't talking about fever Annie, a lot of people suffered muscle aches and pains & that is relevant to their pain threshold. That is why I checked my temperature, but it was 37.9C & as I have said and 2 paracetamol dealt with the pain & the temp!
I have a high pain threshold but I took 8 paracetamol 2 every 3 hours over 24 hours and I was still in a great deal of pain whenever I moved so the only thing to do was sleep. My lower back, my hips, my shoulders, the jab site, my neck, my ankles. Most distressing though was a rare reported side effect of dry mouth and I had to keep drinking water and then had to keep waking and going to the loo just when I got comfy in bed, which meant moving and being in pain again. My body basically wanted to flush it out. This was combined with some dizziness, some nausea, slightly blurred vision, extreme fatigue just doing the slightest task, wobby on my feet, weakness generally in my limbs. Forgot the shivering. There was shivering too.

I only had a raised temperature briefly but the paracetamol would have kept it stable. I've never reacted to a vaccine so this was a surprise. But thankfully it's pretty much gone just don't feel as good as I usually do. I'm unusual though in my reaction but this is just as much a lottery as covid itself in terms of who reacts and who doesn't.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
What a wimp...

Oh no, you beat me to it. I have exactly the same picky to post ready and waiting. I hate you Butler.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 05:34 PM

I have a high pain threshold but I took 8 paracetamol 2 every 3 hours over 24 hours and I was still in a great deal of pain whenever I moved so the only thing to do was sleep. My lower back, my hips, my shoulders, the jab site, my neck, my ankles. Most distressing though was a rare reported side effect of dry mouth and I had to keep drinking water and then had to keep waking and going to the loo just when I got comfy in bed, which meant moving and being in pain again. My body basically wanted to flush it out. This was combined with some dizziness, some nausea, slightly blurred vision, extreme fatigue just doing the slightest task, wobby on my feet, weakness generally in my limbs. Forgot the shivering. There was shivering too.

I only had a raised temperature briefly but the paracetamol would have kept it stable. I've never reacted to a vaccine so this was a surprise. But thankfully it's pretty much gone just don't feel as good as I usually do. I'm unusual though in my reaction but this is just as much a lottery as covid itself in terms of who reacts and who doesn't.
Well I hope you feel better soon!
If you still have to get your second jab try to get somebody to help, as I am convinced that total rest is good. Having to keep visiting the loo probably didn't help, but what can you do when you need to drink more?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 06:24 PM

Mine were pretty awful so I can understand why Mups collapsed. I would say of family and friends it's 50:50 for little or no reaction vs feeling quite unwell for 2-3 days. They do all recover afterwards. But everyone has a different journey with AZ. Pfizer is pretty much nil reaction from people I know who have had it so I'm glad they gave it to people that were most vulnerable.

Annie, l can’t go with the theory that they gave the Pfizer vaccine to the most vulnerable as l am not classed as ‘vulnerable’. I get Asthma occasionally but l didn’t receive a letter to say that l was in the ‘vulnerable’ category.
My friend who was classed as ‘vulnerable’ and received a letter to say he was in that group, had the the AstraZeneca vaccine.

I presumed you were given the Pfizer if the place you received it, had the facility to keep the Pfizer vaccine at the correct temperature.

PS. I hope you are feeling ok now? Poor you, you sound as if you had a bad few days of it.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

21-03-2021, 06:46 PM

I guess I was thinking of my frail elderly mum Art and colleagues of mine who are classed as vulnerable. Quite a few that I know in that category had Pfizer as well as a BFF who has cancer. Doesn't cover everyone in that group like you say but the very old who had it first would have had pfizer because the other wasn't approved yet.

I'm feeling better thanks not quite myself yet.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 07:06 PM

I find the wording of this quite disturbing, if I'm honest. Its a bit dramatic...like a mad robot firing hundreds of tiny needles into everyone!
https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...tions-12252659
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

21-03-2021, 07:42 PM

Yes I've seen a flurry of social media posts from friends who have had the vaccine in the last couple of days. At least the over 50s will be able to relax a bit now.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Annie, l can’t go with the theory that they gave the Pfizer vaccine to the most vulnerable as l am not classed as ‘vulnerable’. I get Asthma occasionally but l didn’t receive a letter to say that l was in the ‘vulnerable’ category.
My friend who was classed as ‘vulnerable’ and received a letter to say he was in that group, had the the AstraZeneca vaccine.

I presumed you were given the Pfizer if the place you received it, had the facility to keep the Pfizer vaccine at the correct temperature.

PS. I hope you are feeling ok now? Poor you, you sound as if you had a bad few days of it.
I volunteer at a vaccination hub which doesn't have facilities to store the vaccine at cold temperatures - so they only have the astrazeneca. My job is "meet & greet" so I see everyone on arrival...........and again on departure, and I've yet to see anyone having an immediate adverse reaction.

There's another pretty large facility being used by a group of surgeries and they do have cold storage facilities. Sometimes they get the Astrazeneca and sometimes the Pfizer. As far as I know, no one gets a choice.

Page 101 of 164 « First < 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top