Join for free
Page 3 of 57 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2021, 10:00 PM

Re: Coronavirus: Third wave will 'wash up on our shores', warns Johnson

Originally Posted by Omah ->
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56486067

If it happens, I would see it more as a Fourth Wave in the UK .....

But why any wave should "wash up our shores", when, supposedly, the government has the pandemic under control, is a mystery .....
I think it's pretty obvious where the infections come from, especially as 'they' arrive every day now and, worse, they are ably assisted by our so-called Border Force.

Boris announcing that it's going to 'wash up' on our shores shows he has a bloody nerve. He should be preventing them, not encouraging them.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 10:09 AM

Patients hospitalised with coronavirus falls to lowest level since September

"Matt Hancock tweeted to say that the figure stands at under 2,000, while also celebrating the figures of the ongoing vaccine rollout."

"It comes after a study found that just 32 of the UK’s 74,405 coronavirus patients admitted to hospital between last September and this March had been vaccinated before they were admitted."

https://ph.news.yahoo.com/coronaviru...tXIG--r-Np6z88
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2021, 02:05 AM

Mask-free summer on the cards, as vaccines take control of the pandemic, say experts

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...perts-12284895

Step four of the government's road map for England currently states all legal limits on social contact will be removed by 21 June at the earliest, when restrictions on large events such as festivals are also expected to ease.

Scientists advising the government say there is nothing currently in the data to suggest people will not be able to enjoy a relatively normal summer, though coronavirus cases may well rise as the autumn approaches.

Nevertheless, the general view among scientific advisers is the spike in cases in winter will be lower than in the past, due to high levels of immunity and vaccination.
The optimistic view ..... 😎
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2021, 02:33 PM

The pessimistic view:

Boris Johnson warns of new Covid-19 surge this winter bringing more deaths

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...s-new-24092711

Mr Johnson said there is "a high likelihood of a surge this winter when the weather assists the transmission of all respiratory diseases and when the pressure on our NHS is most acute."

On the persistent threat of new variants, he added: "Should these prove highly transmissible and elude the protection of our vaccines, they would have the potential to cause even greater suffering than we endured in January.
Well, he's been wrong about the "Third Wave" (so far) .....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2021, 02:57 PM

Hi

There are significant variations in the rates of infection in some parts of the UK.

Long Haul Flights to some countries may well cause a problem.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2021, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
The pessimistic view:

Boris Johnson warns of new Covid-19 surge this winter bringing more deaths

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...s-new-24092711

Well, he's been wrong about the "Third Wave" (so far) .....
Well we can always rely on the good-old boat people.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2021, 10:30 PM

I've lost track - which wave are we in?

I went to the hairdresser the other day (yay - blondie returns!). I don't seem to be sick yet. The chap washing my hair strongly believed there would be a third wave. He was totally depressed compared to before covid. So I was there saying you're wrong, we will be fine. Either people are vaccinated or they have already had covid. I'm positive that any third wave will be a gentle one and not a tsunami.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

12-05-2021, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I've lost track - which wave are we in?

I went to the hairdresser the other day (yay - blondie returns!). I don't seem to be sick yet. The chap washing my hair strongly believed there would be a third wave. He was totally depressed compared to before covid. So I was there saying you're wrong, we will be fine. Either people are vaccinated or they have already had covid. I'm positive that any third wave will be a gentle one and not a tsunami.
I agree. I think we've seen the worst.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2021, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree. I think we've seen the worst.
Yes the balance of risk has changed IMO. I just cannot understand the logic of the other point of view. Sometimes I think some people would like this to go on forever though. Perhaps people feel safer or happier hiding.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

12-05-2021, 11:24 PM

JBR what is Marge's view?

Page 3 of 57 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top