Join for free
Page 5 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 01:55 PM

Re: Brexit set free james dyson

No 10 announces inquiry into leak of PM’s text exchange with Sir James Dyson

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/j...n-b931157.html

Downing Street has announced an internal inquiry into the leak of private text messages between Boris Johnson and billionaire Sir James Dyson over the tax status of his employees.

No 10 had initially said there would not be a probe into how the exchange was made public, but a change of course was announced on Thursday as it said an internal inquiry will be led by the Cabinet Office.
A head will roll .....

̶S̶e̶c̶r̶e̶c̶y̶ C̶o̶n̶f̶i̶d̶e̶n̶t̶i̶a̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ Security must be maintained .....
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
And ?
And yet again it is a question of sour grapes.
The government are in reality gaining popularity and increasing their lead over the opposition and as usual there is a small minority that can't cope with that.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 06:29 PM

I don't anyone who would think that it would be a good idea to impose taxes on products being developed and produced free of charge to resolve the shortage of ventilators during a pandemic.

Contacting the PM in order to resolve the taxation issues is surely a pragmatic thing to do to avoid these philanthropy projects being shelved and people dying as a result. It makes no sense to call the local tax office to resolve the problem when you have the number of the decision maker.

The left really are out of touch with what this was about. This is just cheap shots by Starmer who is being strung along like a puppet by the likes of McKlusy and the rest of the hard left nutters in the Labour Party.

Watch it backfire on Starmer and then he will deny he every said it as usual.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I am no Tory supporter, in this instance however I think Boris did the right thing.

We, at the time, needed ventilators.

Dyson switched 450 of his engineers onto the job, bought some parts to build and the NHS then decided they didn't want them.

Dyson lost £20 million on the project.

Being quick saves lives, following every rule in the book and we end up like the EU, slow off the mark.

If there was any illegal contracts, then yes, should be looked into.

In this instance I think we did the right thing.
So do I.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 02:10 AM

Dominic Cummings accused of leaking Boris Johnson's texts with Sir James Dyson

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...dyson-leak-ont

Boris Johnson’s former adviser is said to be the chief suspect. He is described as “bitter” by Downing Street sources due to the Government’s “great progress” since his departure last winter, The Daily Telegraph claims.

Mr Cummings, 49, is suspected of leaking messages between Mr Johnson and the Saudi Crown Prince, Mohammed bin Salman, it is said.

Their report suggests correspondence between Mr Johnson and businessman Sir James Dyson may also have been leaked by the former chief adviser.

Another insider told The Sun Mr Johnson is “deeply disappointed and saddened” that private texts were made public.

They are reported to have said: “The Prime Minister thinks Dominic Cummings is responsible for a series of damaging leaks about his personal communications.”
The Revenge of the Dome .....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Dominic Cummings accused of leaking Boris Johnson's texts with Sir James Dyson

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...dyson-leak-ont

The Revenge of the Dome .....
Hi

Politics is a dirty game.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Politics is a dirty game.
Almost as dirty as media reporting where you can make up any story you like and justify it with words like "is said to be"; "suggests"; claims" et. with zero mention that it was the reporters themselves who said, suggested and claimed.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Almost as dirty as media reporting where you can make up any story you like and justify it with words like "is said to be"; "suggests"; claims" et. with zero mention that it was the reporters themselves who said, suggested and claimed.
Spot on Zaphod..... And the worst thing is, people actually believe that rubbish...
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

23-04-2021, 06:15 PM

Dominic Cummings denies leaking PM's text messages

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56863547

Boris Johnson's former chief adviser Dominic Cummings has denied leaking text messages sent between the PM and businessman Sir James Dyson.

In a blog, he writes that he was "not directly or indirectly the source" of the leak - and questions the "competence" of the prime minister.

Asked whether he had blamed his former adviser for it, Mr Johnson said: "I don't think people give a monkey's, to be frank, about who is briefing what to who."

Mr Cummings writes on his blog: "I was not directly or indirectly a/the source for the BBC/Kuenssberg story on the PM/Dyson texts. I am happy to meet with the cabinet secretary and for him to search my phone for Dyson messages. I am happy for No 10 to publish every email I received and sent July 2019-November 2020 (with no exceptions other than, obviously, some national security/intelligence issues).

He also calls for an "urgent parliamentary inquiry into the government's conduct over the Covid crisis", adding that he thinks Mr Johnson has fallen "far below" the standards of "competence" the "country deserves". Mr Cummings promises to answer questions about "any" issues when he appears before a parliamentary committee on 26 May.
So, is there a dead cat in the room .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

24-04-2021, 03:13 AM

Dominic Cummings triggers Boris Johnson's worst political crisis

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-04-23/...litical-crisis

The PM's former chief aide - who was closer to Boris Johnson than anyone till he was forced out at the end of last year - has issued a statement that explicitly brands Johnson as "unethical" and implicitly calls him a liar. Cummings says he does not possess the relevant Dyson texts, so could not be the leaker, and that he can prove the PM knows both that he is not the chatty rat and that the finger of suspicion was pointed at another aide, Henry Newman.

He recalls the PM saying to him: "If Newman is confirmed as the leaker than I will have to fire him, and this will cause me very serious problems with Carrie [the PM's fiancée] as they're best friends...[pause] perhaps we could get the Cabinet Secretary to stop the lead enquiry."

Cummings says: "I told him that this was 'mad' and totally unethical, that he had ordered the inquiry himself and authorised the Cabinet Secretary to use more invasive methods than are usually applied to leak inquiries because of the seriousness of the leak.

"I told him that he could not possibly cancel an inquiry about a leak that affected millions of people, just because it might implicate his girlfriend's friends."

Cummings is equally incensed at the claim that he leaked details of how the PM tried to have the costs of refurbishing his Downing Street paid by Tory party donors.
Cummings says: "The PM stopped speaking to me about this matter in 2020 as I told him I thought his plans to have donors secretly pay for the renovation were unethical, foolish, possibly illegal and almost certainly broke the rules on proper disclosure of political donations if conducted in the way he intended. I refused to help him organise these payments".

Cummings wants the whole matter of who is telling the truth examined "via an urgent Parliamentary inquiry into the government's conduct of the covid crisis which ought to take evidence from all key players under oath and have access to the documents".
The Wrath of the Dome .....

Page 5 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top