Join for free
Page 7 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 09:39 AM

Re: Britain Booms!

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
We're all used to the excuses the major manufacturers use to justify their own cost-saving exercises by now.
We also know that other companies are expanding here which makes Nestle's excuses look even more like just that: excuses.
But haters gotta hate I suppose.
Yes you do seem to hate any evidence that doesn’t fit your agenda

I tend to believe the Food and Drink Federation over your imagined excuses

https://www.ft.com/content/4fa6e4be-...0-772cee6fad98
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->

I tend to believe historical fact and current data over old data from a federation or a keyboard warrior with a history of being less than honest.

Exports to EU rebound strongly after post-Brexit plunge

"Exports of food and live animals – one of the most sensitive areas of UK–EU trade due to new safety checks – rose by £300m, or 77pc, during February.

The Office for National Statistics said that disruptions to food exports in January “appear to have largely been overcome”, although they remained about a third below pre-Brexit levels.

The rebound will fuel hopes of a return to normality after the severe disruption many traders experienced in the first month of Britain’s new trading relationship with the EU."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...brexit-plunge/

Yes it's the Telegraph and yes if you're not going to use a free trial offer or pay you might not be able to read it.
That isn't my problem though & I'm sure there are similar stories in less-respected free media if you want to hunt for it, otherwise I've quoted the relevant bits to this discussion.
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->

Me too. And the "foxhole" is ... well ... interesting.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by 7779311 ->
Me too. And the "foxhole" is ... well ... interesting.
You don't believe uop-to-date data instead of the out-of-date or faceless biased keyboard warriors?

‘Spectacular’ forecast for UK economy from Barclays boss Jes Staley

"The UK is on course for economic growth not seen since after the Second World War, the boss of Barclays has said.

“We estimate the economy will grow at its fastest pace since 1948. That’s pretty spectacular,” Jes Staley told the BBC today."

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/s...aley-jhr887js0

Even the Beeb are covering this - naturally with a little "anti"-spin added for good measure at the end.
We can't have pure UK positivity reported on the BBC now can we.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56940141
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
You don't believe uop-to-date data instead of the out-of-date or faceless biased keyboard warriors?
I am not intending to discuss anything with you. Sorry but that is what I told you recently. I politely asked you to ignore me/my posts and I would like to repeat my request here.
Thank you in advance.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

30-04-2021, 12:15 PM

I am not intending to discuss anything with you. Sorry but that is what I told you recently. I politely asked you to ignore me/my posts and I would like to repeat my request here.
Thank you in advance.
The thing is ....... I don't do what you say.

When you become overtly in favour of a blatantly biased post which I showed incorrectly discussed my alleged agenda I will respond.
If you were really interested in ignoring me you wouldn't be so underhanded as to discuss posts about me, surely?
So if you really do want me to ignore you as you say you ignore me you will practice what you preach.

Hopefully this can be an end to your concerns.
Thank you and good day to you.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 12:59 PM

Thank you in advance.
Well, he does try to take the moral high ground. However, here is a case where the morality of germany wins from the british.

Germany first to hand back Benin bronzes looted by British

Culture minister says country is facing up to ‘historic and moral responsibility’ by returning artefacts to Nigeria
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ted-by-british
Germany

30-04-2021, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Well, he does try to take the moral high ground. However, here is a case where the morality of germany wins from the british.

Germany first to hand back Benin bronzes looted by British

Culture minister says country is facing up to ‘historic and moral responsibility’ by returning artefacts to Nigeria
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ted-by-british
Good to see those statues are being returned. What took "us" so long?
If the people of Nigeria are happy to get them back, I am even more happy.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 01:21 PM

Good to see those statues are being returned. What took "us" so long?
If the people of Nigeria are happy to get them back, I am even more happy.
Over here we have a saying: a good example makes it easy to follow and do the same.
Perhaps this example makes britain follow and return the parthenon marbles to greece? It seems the british made a habit of looting their colonies?
Germany

30-04-2021, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Over here we have a saying: a good example makes it easy to follow and do the same.
Perhaps this example makes britain follow and return the parthenon marbles to greece? It seems the british made a habit of looting their colonies?
Very nice saying! It is probably a habit of all countries which have a history of colonialism, don't you think?

To come back to the Brexit topic of this thread: if Britain returns the marbles, it will earn respect and will boom even more.

Page 7 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top