Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 08:25 PM

Taking your shoes off.

Do you in your own home?

Do you in other people’s houses when you walk through the door?

I don’t in mine, probably because I have laminate floors, if I had carpet then I would take my shoes off.

Would you feel offended if they asked you to take your shoes off?...

I automatically take mine off in other people’s homes of entering.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 08:35 PM

Re: Taking your shoes off.

I'm always bare hoofed at home. I keep a pair of crocs in the kitchen for when I have to pop outside.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I'm always bare hoofed at home. I keep a pair of crocs in the kitchen for when I have to pop outside.
My mum used to make us take our shoes off when entering our home.

I think it’s respectful to take them off if they are dirty, not nice walking into a house with dirty shoes, that’s my take on it anyway.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 08:51 PM

We always wear foot covering indoors. If on the odd occasion we visit we take slippers and change as we enter anywhere. Although I'm now strictly secular to not go barefoot is one of those traditions that just don't wear off.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

26-07-2021, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
We always wear foot covering indoors. If on the odd occasion we visit we take slippers and change as we enter anywhere. Although I'm now strictly secular to not go barefoot is one of those traditions that just don't wear off.
As a carer at one time and entering many homes, with beautiful carpets, we had to wear plastic coverings over our own shoes on entering.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 09:13 PM

Am happy to go with the flow with regard to taking shoes off.

One of my tuttee's family provided slippers for visitors such as myself to put on instead of keeping one's shoes on.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 09:33 PM

Some of the houses I have been to, it's more likely I would remove them on the way out.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 09:34 PM

OH! the smelly feet!

Takes all day for the smell to go away!

🐱*👤
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Do you in your own home?

Do you in other people’s houses when you walk through the door?

I don’t in mine, probably because I have laminate floors, if I had carpet then I would take my shoes off.

Would you feel offended if they asked you to take your shoes off?...

I automatically take mine off in other people’s homes of entering.
I don't. We scrape our shoes at the door if they are muddy. We have laminate floors and we have a dog so carpets are not very practical.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Do Jewish people not do 'barefoot' then, Todger, I never knew that. Is there a reason?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top