Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2020, 10:56 AM

Re: What Are We, An Afterthought??

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Let's hope they don't Chicken out of it all and let everyone just get on with it!

On a more serious note though, having noted Spitfire's clever use of words again, I will not be changing my shopping habit of doing a big shop once every three weeks. That way it lessens my mixing with any other people at all, hopefully less risk to me with this virus still around.

I fill the store cupboard, fridge and freezer and live out of those for three weeks. My only 'luxury' is that I can now get out for a nice drive in the car whenever I wish. That takes away 'climbing the walls' as I have been doing since mid-February, the last time I saw family, or even a human being that I could speak to face to face!
Baz, there is no end game with this, a philosopher might have considered it good for an individual to have tested their resistance to this virus at the start of the epidemic, and lived subsequent days with a degree of certainty, but, in the context of society, that would be an overtly selfish approach.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2020, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Baz, there is no end game with this, a philosopher might have considered it good for an individual to have tested their resistance to this virus at the start of the epidemic, and lived subsequent days with a degree of certainty, but, in the context of society, that would be an overtly selfish approach.
I guess the stark reality to all this is the same lack of certainty as we all have all our lives but never really realise fully, or like to think about. Not that is until something like this virus comes along and reminds us how fragile life really is.

I've always tried to plan ahead, perhaps it's those who are compulsive and live for today who have a better and more fulfilling life.

Who knows, because I don't seem to any more?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2020, 12:33 PM

Its tricky Baz, when the Boat stops being a metaphor.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2020, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Just when you think you've sussed out the meaning of life, the world throws us a curved ball....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2020, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Just when you think you've sussed out the meaning of life, the world throws us a curved ball....
The meaning of life, the universe, and everything?

The integer between 41 and 43.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2020, 07:54 PM

I suppose it IS a philosophical thread after all??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2020, 08:00 PM

This covid lockdown has had some serious adverse effects on some ....

We are but an insignificant mote ...... a measly microbe in the Universe , and yet ... a virus is the smallest of all microbes.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2020, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
The meaning of life, the universe, and everything?

The integer between 41 and 43.
Everything comes to 42.........

I had to look that one up Todger....
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2020, 08:14 PM

The advice from the government is a bit like crossing the road. The government says you are free to cross thew road BUT if you cross the road at the wrong time, you get hit, you die. If you cross the road at the right time you get to the other said and live. The government says those people who have shielded from the virus can now go outside. Go outside too early, catch the virus, you die, go out later, you catch the virus you die, stay in and continue to shield, you live but it is still your choice.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2020, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Quite agree with you there OGF, not only is this one 'a curved ball', it's also just like a boomerang and has the chance of coming back again!

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top