Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 07:39 AM

Classical Music

There is a thread somewhere but I can't find it.It was started a long time ago probably before the baroque.

Vaughan Williams

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 07:49 AM

Re: Classical Music

Williams, Delius, Elgar, nailed it at the time.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 08:08 AM

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 09:47 AM

Try this one Mr Smith....

Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 10:01 AM

Thankyou

I think adagio is the best speed for classical music.

LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 10:21 AM

Being I am of a certain origin, this composition from Arvo Part hits special spots no other music can. It was used as the theme to a TV series about the holocaust and therefore very important to me.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 10:22 AM

I agree Mr Smith, although this composer has always been one of my favourites...

Not unlike the Vaughn Williams on your first post...
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 10:38 AM

Duettino Sull'aria Le nozze di Figaro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ8Z...slickerflicker

"I have no idea to this day what those two Italian ladies were singing about. Truth is, I don't want to know. Some things are best left unsaid. I like to think they were singing about something so beautiful it can't be expressed into words, and makes your heart ache because of it."
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

05-04-2021, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
Being I am of a certain origin, this composition from Arvo Part hits special spots no other music can. It was used as the theme to a TV series about the holocaust and therefore very important to me.
A very nice piece LongDriver, and in keeping with the mood of this thread.....My Easter Monday has started like no other.... Thank you...
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by PooBear ->
Duettino Sull'aria Le nozze di Figaro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ8Z...slickerflicker

"I have no idea to this day what those two Italian ladies were singing about. Truth is, I don't want to know. Some things are best left unsaid. I like to think they were singing about something so beautiful it can't be expressed into words, and makes your heart ache because of it."
i

Reds soliloquy from the Shawshank Redemption. According to my classical muso son the two women are hatching a plot to deceive their husbands.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top