Join for free
Page 14 of 14 « First < 4 12 13 14
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2021, 12:40 PM

Re: Is There a Breakdown of Respect?

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
I've been banging on for ages about how criminals and miscreants need to pay for the cost of their actions as the first part of their punishment/rehabilitation. How else can they develop the empathy which they clearly didn't have when they committed their offences? I suggest that empathy is an important part of "respect"
A worrying thing is how many people have no empathy with anyone else. Not as a matter of choice, but as an inbuilt character flaw. A form of psychopathy. It's a thing that a controlled childhood with clear rules and well understood consequences helps.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2021, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
A worrying thing is how many people have no empathy with anyone else. Not as a matter of choice, but as an inbuilt character flaw. A form of psychopathy. It's a thing that a controlled childhood with clear rules and well understood consequences helps.
Or, to put it simply, yobs breed yobs.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2021, 03:31 PM

I know 2 who went to prison , one for 10 years but came out in 5 , the other did a 3 month sentence both regarding small children . Believe me neither felt it was tough , the one doing shorter sentence laughed and told me 3 square meals and played his guitar all day it was no hardship and he didnt really care . The one doing 10years had money sent weekly ( legit) tarot cards (! Yep ) and weekly phone calls home . On leaving lives in a beautiful paid for apartment in a Dorset village and sits watching TV reading and walking , no hardship . Made for life . Both men live almost free lifes dont work . I know this is true
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2021, 03:35 PM

Hi

It is not just what we would call yobs.

The rich can be equally as offensive and disrespectful.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2021, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Think it's something to do with the old addage about the cost of everything and the value of nothing.

Edit - and a failure of imagination.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2021, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I know 2 who went to prison , one for 10 years but came out in 5 , the other did a 3 month sentence both regarding small children . Believe me neither felt it was tough , the one doing shorter sentence laughed and told me 3 square meals and played his guitar all day it was no hardship and he didnt really care . The one doing 10years had money sent weekly ( legit) tarot cards (! Yep ) and weekly phone calls home . On leaving lives in a beautiful paid for apartment in a Dorset village and sits watching TV reading and walking , no hardship . Made for life . Both men live almost free lifes dont work . I know this is true
Yes, as I have said many times, no punishment.

These holiday camps should be replaced by work places providing hard labour to give them something to do.

No work - no food.
No game, TVs, radios, even books.
Nothing to do to pass the time other than work from morning to night with breaks for food (if they have behaved themselves) and sleep overnight.

Simple, easy to organise and sends a clear message that you will NOT be rewarded for committing criminal acts.

If you don't want to come back for more, don't be a naughty boy.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

18-05-2021, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It is not just what we would call yobs.

The rich can be equally as offensive and disrespectful.
Yobs can be rich.
Rich people can be yobs.
It all depends on how you define a yob.

Page 14 of 14 « First < 4 12 13 14

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top