Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 08:21 AM

Re: All things Astronomical

Nothing here, I think everyone had cloud

I think there's another one in January (although not as long) when it'll probably be snowing
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 09:05 AM

Typical isn't it, we have clear blue skies and wall to wall sun for the last two months and the day the weather breaks just happens to be when the most interesting astronomical thing happens since Haley's Comet.....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 09:14 AM

Too cloudy here too. When the moon did finally show itself it was all over.

My only consolation is that I have seen it a couple of times before.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 02:05 PM

Having spent many years looking forward to astronomical events only to be thwarted by the British weather, I sometimes wonder if the events themselves create the poor conditions?

It does seem odd that we have had months of clear skies then the night old Pinky arrives, so do the clouds. Do you think Pinky brought them with him?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 02:11 PM

Last 4 or 5 years it has always clouded over here at the time when the Perseids are about.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

28-07-2018, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Last 4 or 5 years it has always clouded over here at the time when the Perseids are about.
Exactly. It makes you wonder doesn't it.
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 06:21 PM

I stop at a clients house when she's on holiday and am there now. Yesterday it was cloudy for the moon and no storms for lightning photos. Three times I've been here for meteor showers and it's been raining.
Looks like on interesting nights I stay at home
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 09:27 PM

Not a cloud in the sky tonight.....Would have been perfect...I think you might be right Longdogs, it seems more than a coincidence.....So I'm off to watch the space station do it's early evening flypast at 10:15 pm.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 05:25 AM

Oh, for heaven's sake (bad pun), I have been completely remiss in joining this thread. I missed the eclipse too, but for purely geographical reasons being in North America where it wasn't visible.

Fortunately, the viewing of Mars in opposition, and it's closest position here in a couple of days has been sensational. One of the polar caps and the striations have been visible at times, but not at others which I believe may be due to dust storms.

By the way, this is one of my favorite sunset photos. I bet you can guess from where it was taken:

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

30-07-2018, 09:06 AM

Mars.

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top