Join for free
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2018, 04:55 AM

Florida

Today's news was that there was a wild pig on the loose near my house.

They sent three police cars and two animal control officers in separate trucks.

It took two hours of running, chasing, planning, failing, falling, and squealing to catch the fellow, with the event making the evening news.

A couple of weeks ago, a naked Florida man caught his house on fire while baking cookies on an outdoor grill.

It's a glamorous life here, I'm telling you .
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2018, 06:11 AM

Re: Florida

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Today's news was that there was a wild pig on the loose near my house.

They sent three police cars and two animal control officers in separate trucks.

It took two hours of running, chasing, planning, failing, falling, and squealing to catch the fellow, with the event making the evening news.

A couple of weeks ago, a naked Florida man caught his house on fire while baking cookies on an outdoor grill.

It's a glamorous life here, I'm telling you .

Oooohhh - Wild Boar Barbeque - lots of lovely meat and crackling!!!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2018, 06:28 AM

Hi

Those wild pigs of yours Surfer can be very dangerous, they will attack and some of them are huge.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2018, 07:06 AM

Yes i have had an encounter with wild pigs in Turkey once with pals we were on a walk up the side of a steep hill....hubby and my pals were keen to make it to the top but we came upon a little shady spot by a stream and I was tired so I told them I would sit and wait for them there so they walked on.

I took off my shoes and dangled my feet in the stream it was so lovely.....what a shock when I looked up and there not more than eight foot away from me were three wild boars all looking at me curiously. I wasn't sure what to do but I stood up and backed away slowly,

I watched them from a distance as they drank from the stream....hoping they would not take a liking to my shoes which I had left there. eventually they wondered off and hubby and pals returned.....I was glad to see them I can tell you

Florida is lovely SM I have visited a few times last time was a few years ago we rented a house in Anna Maria island...it was a lovely vacation.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2018, 10:25 AM

About the same around here Surfermom, except it was a naked pig doing the barbeque....
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2018, 11:10 AM

We have wild boar in the New Forest.
They eat anything.
I had a friend that was camping there, one of those boars ate one of her trainers.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top