Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 10:58 AM

Re: American Maine Coon Cats

Thanks so much summer.
Did you have your rescue cats first ?
How did your other cats handle being introduced to this giant cat entering their home or was it a kitten at the time?
Were there any cat fights at first or did they all just accept each other?

Our other cat is a rescue cat also. She adopted us.
She’s an indoor outdoor cat.

Also my dogs are small. Ones a Yorkie.
I suppose if you got one of these cats when they are small then they should all get along with each other. It seems that all animals recognize and understand babies.

Also a kitten coon could be trained to walk on a leash and use the toilet outside. The only problem with that would be if she visited our neighbours yard instead of our own or am I overthinking this?

Our regular cat goes over there but it’s almost impossible to train a cat on where and where it cannot go while outside.

Are you suggesting I get two of these at the same time or just make sure there are other cats for it to play with?

When we first got our Yorkie, our cat swatted it a few times but then they became the best of friends.

Thank you summer. There’s so much to consider.

Does your cat go outside or is it an inside cat only?
Sorry for all the questions summer .
I’m so interested in these.
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 02:58 PM

Goodness gracious CandyCrunch...these Maine Coon Cats are just gorgeous...and so, so huge. I thought my Puss-Cat was large @ about 17 pounds but they've got him beat by a country mile...
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Beautiful Filly ->
Goodness gracious CandyCrunch...these Maine Coon Cats are just gorgeous...and so, so huge. I thought my Puss-Cat was large @ about 17 pounds but they've got him beat by a country mile...
Peggy Sue was (part) main coon Filly ...she was a big girl but her tail was not long......
Beautiful Filly
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Peggy Sue was (part) main coon Filly ...she was a big girl but her tail was not long......
I didn't know that, Blue...she was a beauty, I have some photos of Peggy Sue in my Photobucket…
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 03:04 PM

After thinking this over I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m just fascinated with these cats which isn’t reason enough to get one. It wouldn’t be fair to our current household pets or our neighbours.

I think the novelty of having a cat that was dog like would be interesting but I realized that I happen to really appreciate the distinct differences between the two and wouldn’t want to change that.

I think if I were single , younger and had no other pets , it might work but otherwise I’ll keep this family just as is, wonderful & loving.

Thanks again for the info about them CandyCrunch.
They are as cute as you are
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 03:21 PM

I didn't know that, Blue...she was a beauty, I have some photos of Peggy Sue in my Photobucket…
Please don't post them Filly, my heart breaks when I see her pictures. I loved that cat so much. She was beautiful and loving........
Beautiful Filly

12-10-2018, 03:26 PM

Please don't post them Filly, my heart breaks when I see her pictures. I loved that cat so much. She was beautiful and loving........

OMGoodness Blue...of course I won't post them...I know those photos would break your heart...
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

12-10-2018, 03:33 PM

OMGoodness Blue...of course I won't post them...I know those photos would break your heart...
Thanks Filly, you know me so well honey.........I would be distraught all day.

Remember I told you about a friend of mine and Marilyn's in the last couple of weeks that helped us with "something special"........well, her cat got out and she is still missing.

We can't find her Filly, we don't know what else to do.......
Beautiful Filly

12-10-2018, 04:30 PM

Thanks Filly, you know me so well honey.........I would be distraught all day.

Remember I told you about a friend of mine and Marilyn's in the last couple of weeks that helped us with "something special"........well, her cat got out and she is still missing.

We can't find her Filly, we don't know what else to do.......

Yes, honey...I do remember you telling me that. Oh no...that is just horrible... Have you put up photos of the kitty? How about putting some food out...that's how we finally got Puss back about 10 years ago when he got out... He was gone for about a week and we also had pictures at the Humane society and the animal shelters...

I couldn't believe my eyes when I looked outside and saw him eating...and gently picked up both him and the food and took him inside...
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

12-10-2018, 04:41 PM

Yes, we have a box out there with her blanket in it (covered over the top with a flap to get in). The food is inside every night, and I think the racoons gets it, but I keep trying.

We also have water out and her litter box so she can get the drift if she comes by.........

We are losing hope as there are too many coyotes around here, I am afraid to say it to her, but I think he got eaten.
We are pretty upset over this. Not a good time anytime to have this happen, but especially now as I am very busy.......
and I have to help her, I wouldn't feel good about myself if I let her go it alone. We have been through the woods with a fine tooth comb. She even went in there at 2am a couple nights, I was very upset with her, as she could easily get lost.......

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top