Join for free
Page 7 of 11 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 02:40 PM

Re: Removing shoes

I always remove my shoes immediately after closing the door in my home, but never ask my guests to remove theirs. Most offer to do it anyways.

Yes, I do remove my shoes in other's homes, almost always. When they say, "oh, leave them on" I reply that I take them off in my own home so it's natural to do the same thing elsewhere.

Just a courtesy, I think.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I would always remove my shoes and expect people to do the same when entering our home.
Do they have to remove their sense of humour too?
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I would always remove my shoes and expect people to do the same when entering our home.
Originally Posted by Right Now ->
I always remove my shoes immediately after closing the door in my home, but never ask my guests to remove theirs. Most offer to do it anyways.

Yes, I do remove my shoes in other's homes, almost always. When they say, "oh, leave them on" I reply that I take them off in my own home so it's natural to do the same thing elsewhere.

Just a courtesy, I think.
This is how I am also. I was raised to always take my shoes off both in our home but especially while visiting others. I’ll take slippers with me to put on when I’m there.
When people come to visit us I give them the choice to leave them on or take them off, since I want them to be comfortable.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Heck no! I don’t have people over unless they HAVE a sense of humour that’s not intermittent .
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 02:58 PM

I tend to take me shoes off, make sure I don't put holey socks on before I go out as well well
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

12-10-2018, 03:09 PM

Holey socks , yes. I also make sure not to wear white socks, just in case the house I’m visiting has dirty floors. I don’t want to embarrass the hostess.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Holey socks , yes. I also make sure not to wear white socks, just in case the house I’m visiting has dirty floors. I don’t want to embarrass the hostess.
Same on flights as I always take my shoes off for comfort, I don't want to be looking like a tramp
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
I have a good sense of humour, so I am told by real people. I regard posters on forums to be virtual people and don't take them seriously.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 04:21 PM

I always insist on people leaving their shoes on. I only have soft cuddly carpet in the bedroom and company doesn't go in there. The living room is natural rope carpet and easy to clean. I have a shampooer.....

I prefer to take off my shoes if I know a hostess wants me to. I know most of my friends, and whether they would want me to take them off or leave them on.

If I go to a strangers house, I ask "shoes off or on?" and I go acccording to their request.

I went in to one house not long ago, she has very pale off white carpeting. She had little (for women) and larger (for men) booties made of cloth like you see in the hospital or when you are looking at a house for sale.......they fit right over your shoes. I thought that was a smart idea......
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 05:41 PM

All of you have shoes? how posh is that.

When with BT we had a house to wire up with several telephone sockets, so one of my workmate arranged for us to do it on a Saturday. we all took indoor shoes ie slippers as it was an all day job.
That afternoon in walks our level 1 manager having crossed the grass verge and stepped into a lot of dog dodo's. Needless to say the house owners carpets were covered in it. Boy did the owner give him some stick and from what I heard BT had to pay for new carpets. I won't say the exact words but something like he should not even be in charge of a monkey house let alone careful engineers who took a load of trouble to respect her house, or something like.I know he had to report to senior managers and explain
who knew everything and had no brain

Still he was one of the university guys who new everything except the job and how to go about it. In other words a right "wan*er"

Page 7 of 11 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top