Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 05:31 PM

Re: Our animals die.......:(

Oh that is really said BF.

Everyone said how handsome Billy was.
He was very intelligent but wouldn't let anyone, including ourselves stroke him or pick him up.

The yearly Flu Injection was a nightmare, it took two of us to get him in the Carrier Box with him lashing out at us, the Vet was terrified of him and wore thick Gloves to protect himself and Billy still had him, we used to come out of the Vets with the poor Man bleeding all down him arm. And yet he never had a fight with other Cats or hurt or killed any small animals, JUST HUMANS!!, but he was full of Character and we loved him. Friends and Family did not visit us any more because they were all too scared on the Cat.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->

THAT IS BILLY BEFORE HE DIED.
Oh, he is one beautiful boy Susie, thanks for posting his piccie.......
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Beautiful Filly ->
Hi Susie...I was just going to post that all of my cats had been indoor ones...then I remembered that one wasn't. I was 12 when we got Tassy and moved to the country shortly after. It was all farmland in Scarborough back then...and we had two piggeries near by, one behind our house and the other across the road.

Tassy was an outdoor cat who stayed out all night and came home in the morning... One summer night...the piggery behind us burnt down...and we never saw Tassy again...
That is a cute name for a cat Filly. I never heard that name before. very cute.......
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
I am a little different than you Filly. I always feel I just didn't do enough to help them to live longer......I even feel that way when I think of my mom and she was 94 when she died (by the way the ann of her death is Nov 4th, so you probably won't hear from me that day, as I stress over my mom. I loved her so much, she was a darling.........

I had animals all my life also. My first dog was Sport and he was a golden retriever. Our first cat was kitty wee and she was a big double pawed cat, orange and white.....absolutely beautiful cat. My mom didn't think we could afford to keep the cat, so she got someone to drive us out in the country to a farm where we knew the owner, so she could be a barn cat and get lots of eat.

One week-later, she was sitting on our window sill. She found her way home and it was a lot of miles out there. I don't know how she did that......but we kept her after that and we found ways of being able to afford both animals.

As an adult I had two dogs and one cat.........and every time I think of any of them from adulthood, I almost cry....sometimes I do cry....

I don't feel bad about the childhood pets as I can't remember how they died or when, I left home at 16 to live with my sister in Oshawa, and we didn't have any pets there, but where we lived there was a big old dog (belonging to a lady who we room and boarded with). He was so funny. I was in College, and a couple times a week, I would bring him an ice cream on the way home from school, as it was close, and I can see him now, running up the longgggg driveway on Ritson Road, to meet me and get his ice cream. He was called Laddie. He had fleas and drove my sister crazy.

Hi Blue...we do really have similar but some different feelings about our deceased pets. I don't ever remember thinking that I may not have done my best for them...because deep down I knew that I did. Same with my parents Blue...I knew that we had done our best to take care of them...but miss them still.

I think it would be wonderful if all children could have at least one pet to love. Please explain to me what a double clawed cat means...I've not heard of that. I love this story of kitty wee...mostly because it had a happy ending...

Crying is acceptable Blue...I sometimes cry over my lost pets too and my family and friends that have passed...

The first bull terriers I recall as a kid were Femme and Flash and what a pair they were...so much fun. I'll see if I can find a picture of them and post it... Femme's name was Charlwood Lady Supreme and her parents were Charlwood Buxton Haberdasher and Charlwood Lady Leawood... Aww memories!
Beautiful Filly
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
That is a cute name for a cat Filly. I never heard that name before. very cute.......

It's so long ago Blue...that I can't remember where I got that name from... I even have a few pictures of Tassy but they're in albums, not on my computer...
Beautiful Filly

12-10-2018, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Oh that is really said BF.

Everyone said how handsome Billy was.
He was very intelligent but wouldn't let anyone, including ourselves stroke him or pick him up.

The yearly Flu Injection was a nightmare, it took two of us to get him in the Carrier Box with him lashing out at us, the Vet was terrified of him and wore thick Gloves to protect himself and Billy still had him, we used to come out of the Vets with the poor Man bleeding all down him arm. And yet he never had a fight with other Cats or hurt or killed any small animals, JUST HUMANS!!, but he was full of Character and we loved him. Friends and Family did not visit us any more because they were all too scared on the Cat.
Yes Susie...it was very sad...we looked and looked for him but finally reasoned that he must of died in the fire...

I once took my daughter's kitty to the vets...for her and it wasn't my vet. This awful person treated the cat so rough and without compassion that I hated to leave her there. But, she was booked for spaying...so I did after phoning my daughter and asking her. I left the kitty and promptly went home and balled my eyes out...

Our Garfield cat...was a scrapper and scratcher...we always had scratches on our arms... He was actually my son's kitty...and came from Canada's Wonderland...the year my son worked there in about 1988...
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 06:19 PM

I think of my pets that have died with great sadness .
I used to believe that when I die they will all come running from the gates of heaven to greet me the loved ones I have lost among them .
I no longer believe so I know this won't happen and it makes me sad.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

12-10-2018, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I think of my pets that have died with great sadness .
I used to believe that when I die they will all come running from the gates of heaven to greet me the loved ones I have lost among them .
I no longer believe so I know this won't happen and it makes me sad.
I am sorry to hear this Muddy ....
You know there Muddy, it is much more fun to believe and it feels good inside of us, so why not just believe........
(Just ask Filly, she still believes in Santa...drives me crazy every year, climbing down that chimney of hers)
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

12-10-2018, 06:49 PM

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 08:27 PM

I have still got Billy's Ashes here in my Display Cabinet along with my Mums. MIL and FIL, when we eventually move, we will be taking the Ashes with us and having them in a nice plot in the garden altogether.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top