Join for free
Page 8 of 11 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 10:26 PM

Re: Removing shoes

What if someone was wearing stiletto heels,would you politely ask them to take them off,for the ladies and gents with laminate,wood flooring?...I would definitely ask for them to be removed.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 11:15 PM

My sister in law has laminate wood floor and moaned like hell when our dog walked on it while we stayed there. Why on earth anyone would want an easily scratched/marked floor beats me
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
My sister in law has laminate wood floor and moaned like hell when our dog walked on it while we stayed there. Why on earth anyone would want an easily scratched/marked floor beats me

I do agree. I certainly wouldn't want a floor that I couldn't walk on easily, or one that was high maintenance.

I would never want a home where I had to be careful where I walk, what I sit on, or what I wear on some furniture.

I am a simple soul, with carpets to hoover and laminate to wash - job done.

I have never lived without animals around anyway, and they are more company than a posh house and shiny floors.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 07:01 AM

Hmm well I have three cats ...pals have dogs who visit too all are welcome and I don't see that as a stumbling block to having a nice home ...if they make a mess I clean up ....i have a nice home but it's lived in.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 07:14 AM

Hi

I do take my shoes off and so do others, but that is because most are Polish and it is the normal thing for them.

My Ex insisted on pure white carpets and we had a dog, constant cleaning.

I do not expect shoes off in my new house, I do however have doormats both outside and inside, saves a lot of bother.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 08:24 AM

I have 2 small dogs,yes,I am house proud,but I have the best of both,..and at the end of the day,it is how I choose to live,same as if people want to live in filth,..none of my business !.each and everyone to their own.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
A good laminate floor shouldn’t scratch that easily. It’s usually a lot more scratch resistant than real hardwood. We have solid maple and it has some deep scratches from our shepherds and I love every scratch there.

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I do agree. I certainly wouldn't want a floor that I couldn't walk on easily, or one that was high maintenance.

I would never want a home where I had to be careful where I walk, what I sit on, or what I wear on some furniture.

I am a simple soul, with carpets to hoover and laminate to wash - job done.

I have never lived without animals around anyway, and they are more company than a posh house and shiny floors.
Exactly how I feel along with summer. We have a nice home but it’s lived in and I wouldn’t want to live any other way. A life without my pets isn’t worth living . They are what make our home an enjoyable place to be which is what it is.

White carpets.
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 01:50 PM

I would never think of asking someone to remove there shoes or boots... If their shoes were soiled, wet or covered with snow...I'd assume that common sense would prevail and they'd remove them. And, if that didn't happen...I'd just tidy up after they left but no way...would I ever embarrass anyone.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Beautiful Filly ->
I would never think of asking someone to remove there shoes or boots... If their shoes were soiled, wet or covered with snow...I'd assume that common sense would prevail and they'd remove them. And, if that didn't happen...I'd just tidy up after they left but no way...would I ever embarrass anyone.
I expect people to do it and would remind them if they didn't, if they objected I would ask them to leave.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
A good laminate floor shouldn’t scratch that easily. It’s usually a lot more scratch resistant than real hardwood. We have solid maple and it has some deep scratches from our shepherds and I love every scratch there.

Exactly how I feel along with summer. We have a nice home but it’s lived in and I wouldn’t want to live any other way. A life without my pets isn’t worth living . They are what make our home an enjoyable place to be which is what it is.

White carpets.
I can't imagine anyone wanting to have white carpets or furniture, unless it's in a room where no one goes, but then what would be the point in having that room

Page 8 of 11 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top