Join for free
Page 153 of 190 « First < 53 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 163 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 05:18 PM

Re: Bob's Bits.

No problems Foxy. X
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 05:24 PM

A walk to Conwy under clear blue skies and temperatures in the low twenties. It starts off from the West Shore at tother' side of Llandudno, usually a bit quiet but a good coast path...

It takes about two hours to walk the six mile route, and taking photos makes a good excuse for a rest.....

Almost there, Mrs Fox and me with Conwy Castle in the background..

The little harbour at Conwy, and we just arrived in time to take the river cruise on the Queen Victoria....

Deganwy, taken from the ship.....She certainly isn't Cunard!

Couldn't resist putting a few bob in the box for this little chap.....

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 05:27 PM

It is a beautiful sunny day here Foxy.
I'm glad you have lovely weather. X
I can only hope I do.
Lovely photo. X
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
It is a beautiful sunny day here Foxy.
I'm glad you have lovely weather. X
I can only hope I do.
Lovely photo. X
Thanks Sweetie, still a few more photos coming through.......x
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

10-10-2018, 07:27 PM

Oh Yes, I jumped in too soon. x
I see you are wearing your blue shoes.
Lovely photo of Yourself and Mrs Foxy, I like the castle in the background.
No big cruise ships for me then?

Good Bye for now.
See you after my break.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

11-10-2018, 10:29 AM

Entertainment last night was provided by the house pianist called Rafael....A smartly dressed, bald headed Welshman from Didsbury....Half the residents of the bar decided it would be a splendid night for a walk along the prom, while the other half took up positions around the periphery, as faraway from the haunting selection of thirties and forties swing music as was possible.....With my last run of the holiday in the morning, I administered several gin and tonics to Mrs Fox, and we made our way upstairs for an early night....

I was surprised how warm the gentle breeze was as I took up my running position on the prom at around six this morning. Expecting a struggler of a run after yesterday's 12 mile excursion to Conwy, I started off sheepishly and wondered what time it would get light. With plenty of cloud around there was no indication that it would be light anytime soon. I laid into the steep climb up the flanks of the little Orme, and coasted down the other side into the little sleepy village of Rhos.

I was soon heading along the undulating and deserted road to Llanrhos getting on for four miles. Still feeling good I afforded a look across the valley to Colwyn Bay, and the splashes of light that were now beginning to fill the eastern sky.
The roundabout seemed to appear quicker than usual and I joined the dual carriageway that leads back to Llandudno.

Traffic was heavy here, but fortunately there is a cycle track alongside the road, which keeps a runner or walker just far enough away from the speeding traffic for safety's sake. It's a relaxing jog all the way down the carriageway and back into town, but first you have to endure the stiff climb to the crest of the hill, and with legs quickly turning to rubber and lungs struggling for air, it's the final test of endurance...After trying to divert the mind away from the tiredness by thinking of everything but the challenge in hand, I reached the crest and the road disappeared downwards...

Even running on the flat now was difficult, and leaping up and down kerbs was uncomfortable until I reached the flat surface of the prom and other runners out for their morning run. Style is everything here, so chin up, a spring returned to my gait and a last gasp into the hotel car park and a natter to the night porter just finishing his shift. Seven miles behind me, the sleepy face of Mrs Fox peering around the door, and now a quick shower and breakfast.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

12-10-2018, 10:20 AM

With a storm approaching I decided to make a run for the top of the Little Orme while Mrs Fox pacified herself around the shops. It was still fine as I set off on the three mile walk along the seafront and in less than an hour I arrived at the foot of the Orme. With the odd spot of rain blowing in the wind I made the ascent to the trig point on the top and posed for the obligatory photo shoot...

In a howling gale I managed to steady the camera and snap off a few shots.
I wasted no time on the descent and even added some jogging until I reached the road, by this time the rain was more persistent and dark clouds were gathering. I just made it to the cafe where I met Mrs Fox for lunch, and the rain came down in torrents.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 06:33 AM

Hi OG Fox,

Just popping in to say "hello"......and catch up on what you are up to this week-end........

Nice shots.

Hope you have a wonderful week-end....

Blue x

Keep active, stay safe, enjoy life to the fullest....
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 06:36 AM

Looks like fun OGF...great pics
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

13-10-2018, 10:02 AM

Thanks Blueberry and Summer, awoke to pouring rain this morning although it's very warm so I'm still in me shorts, but it's a good job it's not a running morning.....
Although there are a few hardy runners doing their stuff out along the prom....Respect!...

Just had our last fried breakfast, back to dried bread and dripping now.... Well! porridge anyway, but I've sort of missed it...There is a limit to how many fried breakfasts you enjoy and I'm kinda glad to get back to normal...So is my heart...

Will be leaving the hotel in about an hour, with a stop off at Tesco for supplies, and then the three hour drive home..

Page 153 of 190 « First < 53 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 163 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top