Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 10:46 AM

Re: Am I being old fashioned?

What with all you 'ladies' swearing, is it wrong that I am slightly turned on?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by DWebb ->
The swearing would nark me as well but what really pees me off is the mess they make, I ended up sitting on a seat covered in coffee last week, some people are like animals
Might have been Ron ******g Pickering. He gets the bus now.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 02:07 PM

You know something sad,I don't even notice any more. I hear it so much it just washes over me. Don't use language like that myself neither do my family but out in public we seem very odd.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

13-10-2018, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
You know something sad,I don't even notice any more. I hear it so much it just washes over me. Don't use language like that myself neither do my family but out in public we seem very odd.
It still bothers me when I hear females swearing and they seem to be swearing the most these days.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 02:15 PM

Pauline's original starter post about these kids swearing, exactly the same thing happened to me when I got a bus back from Northampton a good while back.

The schools were turning out and the bus quickly filled up, and for the next 15 miles or so I had unecessarily loud, constant swearing all the way home. They were mostly girls as well.

Trouble is, you daren't say anything to them - well I daren't anyway, not when there are about 10 of them and only one of me!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

13-10-2018, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Pauline's original starter post about these kids swearing, exactly the same thing happened to me when I got a bus back from Northampton a good while back.

The schools were turning out and the bus quickly filled up, and for the next 15 miles or so I had unecessarily loud, constant swearing all the way home. They were mostly girls as well.

Trouble is, you daren't say anything to them - well I daren't anyway, not when there are about 10 of them and one of me!
The thing is, they know it shocks people, that's why they do it. They don't seem to realise that it just makes them appear ignorant.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The thing is, they know it shocks people, that's why they do it. They don't seem to realise that it just makes them appear ignorant.

I expect you are right dongles, hence the extra loudness.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Might have been Ron ******g Pickering. He gets the bus now.
Not Ron ******** Pickering , I should have know he would be involved
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 02:50 PM

I think, l would prefer to hearing people swearing in public rather than them spitting in public.... but some do both!
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 11:36 AM

All down to their parenting I am afraid.
Weak parents and the kids grow up doing all sorts and swearing.

I am proud that my 2 children have grown without any problems like that.
Mind it did take a bar of soap one New Years Eve for my boy to realise that he was not allowed to swear.
To this day he still will not swear in front of me.Yes I know there will be times when he as to let off a little steam but as long as I am not around it doesn't bother me. Has for swearing in public well he as the kind of job that he really cannot use those words.

Has for my daughter oh no she never swore she was and is an angel. She was a teacher so she was again in a job where she could not use those words but now she is working in the Science Museum and mixing with youngster degenerates I have noticed a few choice words on her FB page that she as shared.
I just pm her and say "tut tut Ellie.".

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top