Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2011, 01:16 PM

Re: Fruitcake

These post are really funny, but nothing could beat the cake my mother in laws neighbour gave her for Christmas. It was nicely decorated with little green christmas trees, plenty of marzipan but oh good gracious how to cut the thing. We laughed when it bent the first small knife, we chuckled nervously as it broke the larger cooks knife. Hubs finally did it with a meat cleaver. Mother in law insisted that we bring some home. (I never thought I was such a bad person) Only by warming the cake in the microwave for half a minute and serving it with brandy cream can it be eaten.

My husband said that he had never seen anything so dry since he was in the army in the desert.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2011, 01:17 PM

Nearly forgot has anyone else become adicted to Stollen a light Christmas treat found in Aldi at half price at the moment.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2011, 04:30 PM

Don't know that one, but I got pannetone for Christmas and like it very much ... never tried before. A marvellous alternative to the hideous fruitcake ......
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2011, 10:13 AM

Ah yes, Stollen My Mum, being from Germany, loves this cake.

Here it is Eileen......

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top