Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 03:25 PM

Re: Over 50's Club Norfolk

Any ideas for a venue Doc?
GillyT
Nottingham, England
GillyT is female  GillyT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Lovely place Wells, excellent base for exploring the North Norfolk coast.

Those are lovely pictures, Nom, thank you for posting them!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 10:44 PM

Holkham beach is stunning. Cromer, Holt and Weybourne all worth a visit.
GillyT
Nottingham, England
GillyT is female  GillyT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2016, 11:44 AM

I am a regular visitor to the Wells Harbour website. They have a webcam focused on the quay, and they used to have another webcam pointing out to sea along the 'run'. Unfortunately the 'quay' webcam broke down and they had to take it down and replaced it with the 'run' webcam till the 'quay' one was repaired. There used to be a facility for checking back about 36 hours on the quay cam, and that was very interesting. This is not available on the 'run' cam and I miss it ! I do wonder if the original 'quay cam' will ever return because it has been months and months since the breakdown !

Because I am able to use the harbour website whenever want, I do feel like I'm at Wells ! It is interesting to see that these webcams are being put up in several places around the country, so one can have a virtual tour of the UK if you have a mind to !

Nom, you don't say whereabouts you are except you are in the UK ! You've posted some gorgeous pics of Wells and I wondered if you lived in Norfolk or were these pics taken on a visit ?

I am really looking forward to a further visit to Wells and Norfolk in general, as it is a lovely county. Apparently it is the most tree-covered county in England ! I have a niece who lives near Thetford Forest in Suffolk and I try to visit her when we are in East Anglia.

If you Norfolk (or generally East Anglia) natives are planning a get-together some time, if you could arrange it some time in early August, that would mean I will probably be in the area on holiday, so may be able to join in ! Gawd help the lot of you !

Another thing I meant to mention was do any of you know about a soprano from Norwich area - Hayley Moss ? She has got the most gorgeous voice and has recorded a CD, which I have purchased. We first heard her singing when she was standing on the balcony of the Golden Fleece on the quayside in Wells. Apparently she does quite a lot of busking in Norwich, and I expect she can earn quite a bit of money doing that, and deservedly so. I do wish her good fortune. She is a very good-looking young lady with an amazing soprano voice !

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSY...Dax9CQZaqaMpqA
Marion
Norfolk
Marion is female  Marion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2016, 12:16 PM

I think Doc "has left the building", such a shame.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top