Join for free
Page 199 of 255 « First < 99 149 189 197 198 199 200 201 209 249 > Last »
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 10:52 PM

Re: OFF slimming club---open to everyone.

Oh my gosh, I wonder if that is why I sometimes feel sick after a meal. A while back, I stopped eating to try to lose weight. I wanted to shrink my stomach....now for a month or so, I have been feeling sick after I eat.....
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 11:11 PM

Yeah, not eating doesn't work and only damages your health.

Do you eat small portions or large portions? If you eat too much, that can make you feel sick as well.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 08:37 AM

Morning Ladies.

Wild Blueberry, I never lose weight, I use too much Insulin for Diabetes which keeps my gut fat at all times. You must weigh about the same as me - I weigh 10st. 4 lbs. - 165 lbs.

Today its homemade Chicken Curry and Rice.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 10:58 AM

One of the best tips I've ever had, is take a smaller plate

Have you not noticed how big dinner plates are these days? They are huge compared to what we had in the 60's and 70's

So now I use a salad plate and still leave space so I can see the bottom of the plate. It really does help with portion control
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 02:31 PM

That's a very good idea Missy, our plates are huge modern ones, I am actually looking for the old fashioned 50s style pattened china plates, which is half the size.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
Yeah, not eating doesn't work and only damages your health.

Do you eat small portions or large portions? If you eat too much, that can make you feel sick as well.
Linda, I only eat small portions now. Since shrinking my stomach, I cannot eat that much at one time....but even with just small portions a lot of the time, I feel sickish.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

27-01-2018, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Morning Ladies.

Wild Blueberry, I never lose weight, I use too much Insulin for Diabetes which keeps my gut fat at all times. You must weigh about the same as me - I weigh 10st. 4 lbs. - 165 lbs.

Today its homemade Chicken Curry and Rice.
Hi Susie, I weight 169, so I am about the same as you. I have always been 5' 5 1/2 but las time I went for my medical, I was only 5'4" so we lose height as we get older I guess...I love curry, hot hot
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

27-01-2018, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->

Have you not noticed how big dinner plates are these days? They are huge compared to what we had in the 60's and 70's

So now I use a salad plate and still leave space so I can see the bottom of the plate. It really does help with portion control
Thats a good idea Missy. I am going to try that too.

You are right about those big plates and they are also heavy. I have a plate from the 60's and it is much smaller than what they have today.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->

This too, I wholeheartedly agree. That and since I've gotten older, I just can't stuff in as much as I used to be able to. Which is a good thing. Even on the rare occasion we go to a buffet, I'm usually good with just one plate. Most times I doubt I eat my money's worth.

Last time we went to a country buffet, there was this very large woman who must have gone up to get more food at least 3 or 4 times. And she didn't just come back with one plate... she would be carrying two. Two plates HEAPED with as much food as she could possibly get on there. And seeing that kind of thing saddens me more than it sickens me.

Food, for some people, is like a drug. Watching the show Supersize vs Superskinny taught me a lot as well.

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Linda, I only eat small portions now. Since shrinking my stomach, I cannot eat that much at one time....but even with just small portions a lot of the time, I feel sickish.
Have you spoken with your doctor about it? Perhaps there's something else going on that's making you feel sick. I went through a period a couple years ago where just eating a small amount felt like I'd just consumed a 7-course meal. I felt bloated and, when my stomach was empty, it literally became painful. Turns out I was infected with H. Pylori bacteria and had to take antibiotics to eradicate it. After that I felt much better.

I also recently was infected with E. Coli and didn't even know it until my doctor found it when I went in for a UTI. H. Pylori and even E. Coli are actually common bacterias that many people carry around and it doesn't always become a problem. But I obviously don't handle the bad bacterias very well.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK

27-01-2018, 05:10 PM

I made a curry today, using only one chicken breast between the two of us and I still left a quarter of my dinner.

Page 199 of 255 « First < 99 149 189 197 198 199 200 201 209 249 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top