Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2017, 04:52 PM

Just 3 ingredients - Delicious Scones.

Hi everyone, haven’t put any tried and tested recipe on here for a couple of weeks because to be honest, haven’t had the inclination to attempt anything new, until now!
You have all heard me mention enough times that I am absolute rubbish at making pastry- probably because of my warm hands - so when I saw this recipe online from the Australian Great British Bake Off for Scones using just 3 ingredients, I thought, Whoa! That looks so easy, even I could do it, so I did, fully expecting to bin the dough after countless past failed attempts, but flippin heck! it was a complete success! So no more English Scone recipes for me, I’ll stick to this one in future.(Australian)

Read on for scrumptious Scones.

INGREDIENTS
4 Australian cups (528.36 grams or 18.64 ounces) Self-Raising Flour
300ml Double Cream
1 can of Lemonade.

But…… I added 75g of Sultanas because I prefer fruit scones to plain, but sure you will love these dolloped with whipped cream and jam with or without the fruit.

Preheat your oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6/.Fan 180.

APPARENTLY THE SECRET SUCCESS TO THIS RECIPE IS THAT INSTEAD OF STIRRING YOUR MIXTURE WITH A WOODEN SPOON, (WHICH OF COURSE YOU CAN IF YOU WISH) IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT YOU USE A KNIFE TO DO IT INSTEAD. NO REASON GIVEN BUT YOU WILL NOT GET THE SAME RESULT IF YOU USE A WOODEN SPOON. SO THERE YOU ARE - USE A KNIFE TO STIR MIXTURE!

Put the Self-Raising flour into a mixing bowl.

Add the Double Cream to the flour

Add the whole can
of Lemonade to the Mixture

Mix all the ingredients with a knife until you get a doughy consistency.

Sprinkle some flour onto a flat surface and tip the dough out onto it.

Knead gently and then cut out rounds (minimum 1 inch) with a cookie cutter or a cup)

Place the scones on a lined baking tray making sure they are lined up close together. This mixture should make about 12 scones.

Pop into the oven on 200C and bake for 15 minutes for perfect scones, ready for jam and whipped cream.

Enjoy!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	SCONES 1.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	4387   Click image for larger version

Name:	SCONES 2.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	4388  
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2017, 05:04 PM

Re: Just 3 ingredients - Delicious Scones.

If you wish, brush some milk over the tops before popping them into the oven. entirely up to you. These scones are light and fluffy and delicious!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

02-11-2017, 05:07 PM

These Scones are really light and fluffy. They have a different taste from ordinary scones but promise you they taste really nice. You can of course, brush the tops with milk if you want but not necessary if you wish to just stick with the 3 ingredients.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

02-11-2017, 05:10 PM

Sorry! repeating myself now, thought I had lost the first reply post so did it again. Doh!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2017, 05:32 PM

Hi

They sound easy enough, I will make them with the littlies.

They will like the idea of putting a can of lemonade in.
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2017, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Sorry! repeating myself now, thought I had lost the first reply post so did it again. Doh!
Shouldn't that read Dough?...
Heatherbelle
Canada
Heatherbelle is female  Heatherbelle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2017, 07:34 PM

Silly question: is this a can of frozen lemonade, thawed?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

02-11-2017, 09:15 PM

Poohdog - LOL
Swimmy - they will love making these. it's so easy they will be very proud of their little selves.
Heatherbelle - No, just your average can of Lemonade from the shop
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2017, 10:36 PM

SG, They look lovely but what a strange recipe!
I do have some cream in the fridge but l bought it, with other ingredients to make a lemon cheesecake!

I will try your scone recipe at some point!
Irene
Stafford, England
Irene is female  Irene has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 07:47 PM

Ok, I made some today. Not as easy as I thought.

They seemed very ‘wet’. I wondered if I had used a can of lemonade which was too large - 330 ml. The size was not indicated.

However, I have no doubt whatsoever that my DH will enjoy them. 😉

Any feedback would be gratefully received.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top