Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 03:02 PM

Re: Teeth

My teeth are in the best shape they have been in for years. It's probably 10 years since I had a filling.
I didn't look after them as a child though and have many fillings at the back and they are not especially brilliant white. I have a crown in the top middle too which is not as white as the rest. Someday I will get them all sorted to look really nice, if money permits
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 05:09 PM

I have my check up every six months, our present dentist is very pleasant. The dentist I had as a child was a sadistic monster who enjoyed inflicting pain. When I had two wisdom teeth taken out at the age of ten, I looked like road kill after he had finished. My mother sacked him.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 05:11 PM

Most people don't have wisdom teeth until they are in their late teens.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 05:53 PM

I.m petrified of the dentist due to a terrible experience when I lived in Spain but I still go as toothache is awful. I have the hygienist work twice a year as well as normal dentistry. My teeth are in fairly good shape, while I had a few fillings as a child I haven't needed any as an adult. I don't know if that's down to the fact I don't eat sweet stuff or take sugar? Bad teeth look awful but some people just have such a fear of dentists they just can't face their fear. I.m a quivering wreck in the dentist chair but I think I am getting better. Oh, I once remember having a filling as a teenager and they injected the roof of my mouth, jesus, Joseph and Mary, that bloody well hurt, I thought my skull was gonna explode. Urgh awful memory.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->

I agree, practically impossible.
Apparently some people mistake their second molars for wisdom teeth.

If they are impacted, like mine were, they are usually a great deal later than teens before they come through even.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I had mine early, I had all my second teeth by the time I was eight.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I had mine early, I had all my second teeth by the time I was eight.
Wisdom teeth come between the ages of 17 & 25
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

25-05-2018, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Wisdom teeth come between the ages of 17 & 25
As I said mine came early, unusual but not unheard of.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I.m petrified of the dentist due to a terrible experience when I lived in Spain but I still go as toothache is awful. I have the hygienist work twice a year as well as normal dentistry. My teeth are in fairly good shape, while I had a few fillings as a child I haven't needed any as an adult. I don't know if that's down to the fact I don't eat sweet stuff or take sugar? Bad teeth look awful but some people just have such a fear of dentists they just can't face their fear. I.m a quivering wreck in the dentist chair but I think I am getting better. Oh, I once remember having a filling as a teenager and they injected the roof of my mouth, jesus, Joseph and Mary, that bloody well hurt, I thought my skull was gonna explode. Urgh awful memory.
LQ
As we get older the enamel hardens so we hopefully don't have the same cavities as we did when we were children.
Dentists have come a long way needles are so fine they are practically painless and the dentist can rub a numbing agent on the gums first .
As a child I too was petrified and with good reason!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

25-05-2018, 06:49 PM

When my father was a kid in the 20s/30s, the pharmacist would pull out a decaying tooth with a pair of pliers.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top