Join for free
Page 13 of 50 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 04:58 AM

Re: Brexit and the EU

Isn't time running short for any deal? I mean aren't supposed to be out by next March? less than 9 months away? surely you would have expected some certainty or at least direction after 15 months.

As I gather from the reports here the major sticking point is the Irish border.

Is there any sign that agreement is close?
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 09:33 AM

What???

Are you serious?

The Brexit agreement is over 80% settled!! Words of both Barnier and Raab this very week.

Do keep up!

The Irish border was always an emotive red herring and can now be dismissed as such........It will be resolved....
And it won't be long before all the Rabid Remainers running around in panic with tales of doom and gloom , tearing out their hair and wailing from the mountaintops will realise that they simply HAVE to support Theresa May's white paper and the deal this will form the basis of.......simples!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
What???

Are you serious?

The Brexit agreement is over 80% settled!! Words of both Barnier and Raab this very week.

Do keep up!

The Irish border was always an emotive red herring and can now be dismissed as such........It will be resolved....
And it won't be long before all the Rabid Remainers running around in panic with tales of doom and gloom , tearing out their hair and wailing from the mountaintops will realise that they simply HAVE to support Theresa May's white paper and the deal this will form the basis of.......simples!
It was really nice of you to attempt a reply but I was hoping to hear from someone who uses their brain for something other than just keeping their ears apart.

But well done, I appreciate your effort.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Isn't time running short for any deal? I mean aren't supposed to be out by next March? less than 9 months away? surely you would have expected some certainty or at least direction after 15 months.

As I gather from the reports here the major sticking point is the Irish border.

Is there any sign that agreement is close?
Theresa the Appeaser has been talking about 'deals' for two years now.

Perhaps she is blissfully unaware that the 17.4 million don't want a deal.

We just want our independence. We just want to walk away. We don't want anything from the EU. We certainly don't want to pay them a penny.

As for an Irish border, we are not bothered about that. As far as we're concerned we are happy to trade with Eire and, for that matter, the other EU countries.

It is the EU who want borders so that they can control tariffs to their own advantage.

Let them create and police the Irish border if they want one.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

23-07-2018, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
As for an Irish border, we are not bothered about that. As far as we're concerned we are happy to trade with Eire and, for that matter, the other EU countries.

It is the EU who want borders so that they can control tariffs to their own advantage.

Let them create and police the Irish border if they want one.
I can understand your attitude (lack of interest?) toward the Irish border but the EU seems to view it as something quite important, it seems like a stalemate with not much negotiating time. This news report said 13 weeks.

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 10:57 AM

I can understand your attitude (lack of interest?) toward the Irish border but the EU seems to view it as something quite important, it seems like a stalemate with not much negotiating time. This news report said 13 weeks.

Exactly. The EU views it as something quite important.

That's because they want to control trade between their members and everyone else. That may be called free trade within their empire, but it's not free trade with anyone else!

It is not my 'lack of interest' in an Irish border; it's the fact that I see no need for one.

I agree that the Brexit 'negotiations' are at a stalemate, which is exactly why I see no need for them to continue. The EU have made it perfectly clear that they will not concede anything, but Remainer May seems unable to understand that and is continuing to talk, talk, talk, without achieving anything.

We should just walk away now. No need for 'negotiations'.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Exactly. The EU views it as something quite important.

That's because they want to control trade between their members and everyone else. That may be called free trade within their empire, but it's not free trade with anyone else!

It is not my 'lack of interest' in an Irish border; it's the fact that I see no need for one.

I agree that the Brexit 'negotiations' are at a stalemate, which is exactly why I see no need for them to continue. The EU have made it perfectly clear that they will not concede anything, but Remainer May seems unable to understand that and is continuing to talk, talk, talk, without achieving anything.

We should just walk away now. No need for 'negotiations'.
Hi

No Deal, just walking away, means WTO Rules.

WTO Rules require border checks.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

23-07-2018, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

No problem. Let Eire set up the border. We don't need it.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 07:52 PM

It was really nice of you to attempt a reply but I was hoping to hear from someone who uses their brain for something other than just keeping their ears apart.

But well done, I appreciate your effort.

It was the answer your pathetic post deserved , to be fair......

' Isn't time running short for any deal? I mean aren't supposed ( sic) to be out by next march?'

Poor quality post......I know you've not many brain cells to spare after all your vitals kick in but come on!

Must try harder!
Moscow
Scotland

23-07-2018, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

There are other ways to get goods across a border without checks...i.e using pre-registration and using camera technology......Unfortunately Eire is not engaging constructively to explore this option as, imo, it suits them politically to create a border problem.
I can imagine that solving this border conundrum will be a great opportunity for some innovators to develop some new logistics systems

There would probably be no need for troops on the border, as in the bad old days, although a joint Uk/Irish border patrol unit might need to be formed

Page 13 of 50 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top