Join for free
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2018, 03:22 AM

Bugger!

I am going away in just over a couple of weeks and my Canon camera is playing up. It still takes photos OK but all the buttons on the back seem to be not working (Menu etc). I wonder if it is just a loose connection. it started playing up last week and then I thought it was the auto/programmable selector. It is only about 5/6 years old - not pleased.

Anyway I am not going to take it with me like that so I shuffled through my drawers for an alternative camera and decided on this thing:

Not a camera I like much, quality is OK for what it is but battery life is pretty poor especially if you use it for videoing. However I have not much choice and I am telling myself that as I am going during the rainy season it might be a good idea.

I had a camera fail in Vietnam almost exactly eight years ago due to the rain, this was the last photo it took, you can see the exposure packing it in and the lines going missing. The rest of the holiday was captured on my phone (which was probably had a better camera anyway)

Actually that was the rainy season too though it only rained on a couple of occasions. The only nice thing you can say about the Olympus is that it is tough - I have dropped and dinged it a few times - and it is supposedly waterproof.

I have ordered a couple of replacement batteries because the ones I have for it are just about stuffed having not been used for years. It is going back to a time when I used to always carry a cheap camera so I didn't care what happened to it while my good one was safe at home doing bugger all.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6295.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	6745   Click image for larger version

Name:	253 Ho Chi Minh Hanoi 02-05-10.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	6746  

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top