Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 09:24 AM

Re: Eco friendly pee stations in Paris

Originally Posted by solo ->
Considering how many here use the streets, roads, garden tubs etc on a drunken Fri/Sat night out when clubbing to relieve themselves it may not be such a bad idea
exactly - well spotted solo! - there's always another side to the loo?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
Is it just a very small % of people on here who dislike the french OR are you representative of the whole of UK?
The whole of the UK.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 09:29 PM

Flashers will be in their element then

This brought to mind something about doggy urinals or something like that. Many moons ago we were in Switzerland and if memory serves me correctly, they had dog urinals (areas) and I'm sure there was a tap too, presumably to wash it away.

If I get around to it, I'll try and find a photo of one we saw.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 10:21 PM

Perhaps if you stick a Euro in, you get a wash and polish too.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Perhaps if you stick a Euro in, you get a wash and polish too.
Dreaming again DingaLing?
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 11:35 AM

Just a thought to consider her....

Last month neighbouring France came up with a solution to its own street-peeing problem by installing so-called ‘uritrottoirs' at the Gare de Lyon train station in Paris, which is often blighted by puddles of pee.

The innovative piss-pot, developed by Faltazi, an urban design firm in Nantes, features a bed of flowers or herbs over a urinal which is sat upon a box filled with eco-friendly wood chips or sawdust.

OK now see that bold bit about flowers..bees, wasp and creepy crawlies go on flowers and we all know that bees and wasp etc sting so is that such a good idea....Oh wait, it's France so forget I mentioned it
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 12:07 PM

We are all disgusted by this, but why? Our long ago ancestors used to pee & pooh on the ground, along with most other creatures who still do!

The only problem I can see is that there are no hand washing facilities. Of course, if the men using them work in the catering industry, they may not wash their hands ( got caught short on the way to work) before they prepare your sandwich for lunch........ with an unexpected pee dressing!

I wouldn't be offended by it, but I would be tempted to offer the man a wet wipe for his hands!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

17-08-2018, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Dreaming again DingaLing?
Mmmmmmmm
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

17-08-2018, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Just a thought to consider her....

Last month neighbouring France came up with a solution to its own street-peeing problem by installing so-called ‘uritrottoirs' at the Gare de Lyon train station in Paris, which is often blighted by puddles of pee.

The innovative piss-pot, developed by Faltazi, an urban design firm in Nantes, features a bed of flowers or herbs over a urinal which is sat upon a box filled with eco-friendly wood chips or sawdust.

OK now see that bold bit about flowers..bees, wasp and creepy crawlies go on flowers and we all know that bees and wasp etc sting so is that such a good idea....Oh wait, it's France so forget I mentioned it
I hadn't considered the wasps.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
We are all disgusted by this, but why? Our long ago ancestors used to pee & pooh on the ground, along with most other creatures who still do!

The only problem I can see is that there are no hand washing facilities. Of course, if the men using them work in the catering industry, they may not wash their hands ( got caught short on the way to work) before they prepare your sandwich for lunch........ with an unexpected pee dressing!

I wouldn't be offended by it, but I would be tempted to offer the man a wet wipe for his hands!
The problem with not washing your hands is that you then transfer bacteria to everything you touch.

https://www.initial.co.uk/blog/five-...-hand-hygiene/

You may not think this sounds like a big deal but studies have found:
  • The average kitchen chopping board has around 200% more faecal bacteria on it than a toilet seat does
  • Handbags can carry up to 10,000 bacteria per square inch and 30% of bags tested were found to have faecal bacteria on them
  • Smartphones can carry more than 30,000 bacteria units per swab
  • The average office desk has 400 times more bacteria on it than a toilet seat does
  • The average keyboard can also contain more bacteria than a toilet seat
  • 26,000 live bacteria can be found on the average banknote
  • Touching a handrail on the underground brings you into contact with 5000 hands – many of which are unwashed

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top