Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 09:38 PM

Re: Treachary Afoot :

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Brexit breakthrough sends the pound soaring as Barnier FINALLY says the EU will offer Britain a unique deal after months of stalemate - but warns he still will not allow 'a la carte' choice from the single market

Michel Barnier hinted at a climbdown on Brexit following talks in Berlin today
He admitted Britain would be able to get a unique deal from Brussels
Intervention sent the pound sharply higher against both the dollar and the euro
It is a characteristic of the Frogs that they are full of bluster until they begin to realise that they might be losing the argument!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
He told peers the £40bn Brexit divorce bill could be cut if no deal is reached
It should indeed. Why should we pay for nothing, especially when we have paid for their infrastructure for all these years. Surely, it works both ways?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

01-09-2018, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Afoot means on the way or beginning to happen.
Afoot is also that funny-shaped thing on the end of your leg.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 09:43 PM

this reminds me of where I work

My boss is now supplying someone who is supplying others

Now sine my boss has tied in with him, his turnover has trebled

Now the fella who he supplies knows this and uses this fact to call the tune

Not really getting that without us, his business wouldn't be growing as big as it is

End of the day, the big boys cant do without the little boys. The EU is/should be beginning to wise up that without us, they are on the long slippery slope
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Hi itsme and welcome.

I believe the divorce bill has everything to do with negotiations. If not, why is the UK now telling the EU that unless they stop acting so petty and spiteful over same, we will walk away and they will not be receiving a penny of the divorce bill. In fact, some renowned judges and lawyers here are still insisting that we are not liable for payment of a divorce bill of this magnitude, and they have no right to be even asking!
Shropshiregirl, believing something doesn't mean it's true! with all respect, perhaps a little more research would be more appropriate. And thanks for the welcome hope I havn't upset you.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
It should indeed. Why should we pay for nothing, especially when we have paid for their infrastructure for all these years. Surely, it works both ways?
JBR, perhaps a greater understanding of the situation may come from viewing, https://www.instituteforgovernment.o...u-divorce-bill instead of making references to frogs!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top