Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 10:43 PM

Re: How old is your heart

health ; questions ; privacy - that'a a good one - won't get any of that here and mores the better!! it's a bloody forum!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Bloody awful innit ... You know, I used to think there was life after 50 until I came on this forum.

Ha ..ha ..........
ha ... off to suck me gums and fret over the burden of life's vicissitudes and tragedies..

Fear not Morti, I managed to purchase an excellent Resuscitation Kit from Amazon today.

We just need to work out the best place to keep so we all know where it is.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Fear not Morti, I managed to purchase an excellent Resuscitation Kit from Amazon today.

We just need to work out the best place to keep so we all know where it is.
I keep mine in the fridge next to the pies.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
To Whom It May Concern.... IF I ever do any of these type of things online, I falsify everything except my gender and age. I ain't daft
Your IP Address will give you away and if you gave your postcode that will make it easier.

The thing with this kind of data scraping/gathering nonsense is that behind the questionnaire there will be a very simple decision tree. e.g. If they have diabetes add X years, if they have cancer, add Y years and so on.

So if all they really wanted to do was inform people about their heart condition they could just as easily have posted up that decision tree on the webpage and people could have just worked through it very simply themselves. That way no-one would need to answer any questions or submit any personal data to the website.

Here's an example of a questionnaire decision tree.

https://zingtree.com/tree/overview-s...lert=&msg=&mh=

Each question has a unique question number #1,#2,#3 etc. The answers to the questions then direct you to the next question number (#) and there is a simple score that tots up with each question. At the end of the tree you've tallied up a score that is either >= 5 or <5 and the results displayed are based on that score.

You don't need to offer any website your personal details to go through that decision tree. You can read the questions and see the score you should apply for each answer.

The bottom line truth is that the NHS "Quiz" exists for one reason and one reason only, to gather personal data to feed into products and services and advertising.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 05:11 PM

The NHS have everyone's records and personal details anyway, not just since they have done a quiz!

But if it makes you happy with your conspiracy theories again, that's your choice.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 06:32 PM

They can advertise all they like but it doesn't mean I'm going to buy anything.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top