Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 08:50 PM

Re: Struggleing Tonight

I have asked several times for a 'nebuliser ' at home,as this is what the paramedics give me when they come & so do the hospital,it does help ,I have had one left for a few days then its taken back,The reason ,they say ,is because 'I may use it at home & not realise I am really bad & need to go to hospital. Bit daft really as I thought the idea is to keep me out of hospiital.I think they dont want to spend the money,as you say no one wants to know when you get old.I have been told I will get worse,but there seems no back up
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 08:54 PM

I'm so sorry to hear you were struggling Deylon, I hope by now you are breathing a bit more easily. I have a friend who has oxygen at home, she has emphysema.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 09:21 PM

Had to call DR in today,very wheezy /sob, hot /achy. she said I have an infection & given me anti biotics & steroids,so hope Ill feel better in the morning,this is the 3rd flare up since begin Aug. 2 weeks in hospital,home for 2 days then back again, for 5 days, Dont want to continue like this
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 09:28 PM

Deylon I hope you feel better tomorrow. Please post an update in the morning. Some of us here worry about you.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 10:13 PM

Sorry to hear you are suffering a lot Deylon, I hope the AB's and steroids will help you...
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 10:23 PM

Sorry you are not feeling well.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England

18-09-2018, 08:20 PM

THANKYOU .
Dr said if no better or worse in 48 hours let them know.I had a restless night ,just couldnt sleep,but just relaxed in my recliner chair & watched tele.Didnt do much today & do feel a bit better today.District nurse came to dress my melanoma,very nice one, but I had to ring up their office to ask if someone was coming,I asked how often a nurse will call & was told they do not know,ask the nurse,but when I ask the nurse they say they do not know ,its on the computer at the office.Does anyone know what is happening in these organisations ?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2018, 08:31 PM

I am glad you are feeling a bit better today Deylon.

It sounds as though the District nurse team is understaffed and they rely on agency to fill the gaps. There may be people off sick or not enough managers. The nurses can't go out and do the work if they are having to manage the service themselves too.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2018, 10:09 PM

Can you ring up for a night nurse.

I have neighbour who can when he has a bad night saves calling out the Ambulance.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

18-09-2018, 10:35 PM

They don't have a community service after 8pm where Deylon lives Galty. I think it's really disappointing.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top