Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 06:30 AM

Planting Bulbs.

Hi everyone,will you be planting any this year?...I missed out last year,so bought some tulips from Lidl,when do you plant them?..

I also would like to buy a load of daffodil,I love watching them pop up through the winter,..what are your favourite bulbs?.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 06:33 AM

Re: Planting Bulbs.

Tulips, lots of them in many different colours. I have a great system that stops the squirrels. Foil covers.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 06:46 AM

The squirrels eat your bulbs ?
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 06:16 PM

I've just dug out some lily bulbs that were tiny when I put them in but now are massive. Waiting for them to dry out a bit then will store them away for winter and replanting in spring.

Also from the same place I removed some tulip bulbs, they've been replanted elsewhere.

I do have some crocus bulbs coming, free gift from one of the online plant suppliers I use.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 06:45 PM

No bulbs here, I find they are over too quickly.
I have planted lots of scented dwarf wallflowers, cream and orange and primulas. They should flower for weeks
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 06:50 PM

Yes daffodils. Lots of them. I usually get 80 per year.
Maybe some tulips. YES squirrels and chipmunks uproot them to eat so even though they are supposed to multiple, sometimes they don’t. At least not here.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
I've just dug out some lily bulbs that were tiny when I put them in but now are massive. Waiting for them to dry out a bit then will store them away for winter and replanting in spring.

Also from the same place I removed some tulip bulbs, they've been replanted elsewhere.

I do have some crocus bulbs coming, free gift from one of the online plant suppliers I use.

I never thought you had to dig up lily bulbs,Nicol,do they get bigger each year?..if you dig them up?

I do remember though,leaving tulips in a tub,expecting them to come up the next year,the leaves came up,but no flowers,any idea why?..
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

20-09-2018, 06:51 PM

I love wall flowers,and yes,they last a very long time.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

20-09-2018, 06:53 PM

Annie and Bratti,I would love to see your gardens,in the spring,I bet you both have a beautiful show.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Hi everyone,will you be planting any this year?...I missed out last year,so bought some tulips from Lidl,when do you plant them?..

I also would like to buy a load of daffodil,I love watching them pop up through the winter,..what are your favourite bulbs?.
I usually just plug them int light fittings......................

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top