Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 04:36 PM

Banksy shredded!

I'm sure many of you have read about this:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...-a3955111.html

The thing I found most ridiculous is that some people say it's worth more now that it has been shredded!

In my opinion, fine art is the biggest con game since organised religion!

I reckon that anyone could do it.

1. Produce something - anything, any medium.
2. Get a few 'art experts' to sing its praises.
3. Wait for someone with more money than sense to buy it.
4. Give your 'art experts' their cut of the proceeds.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 04:50 PM

Re: Banksy shredded!

There's more to this than meets the eye.

So .. minutes after the hammer goes down, a mechanism in the frame shreds the artwork?
How's that one work?
Is it an insurance job?
Is it the auction house's liability?

No, of course not ... just sell it to the mug who just bought it that the painting has just doubled in value.

The purchaser is said to have been "surprised" after their newly acquired work was destroyed.

Bit of an understatement I should think.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm sure many of you have read about this:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...-a3955111.html

The thing I found most ridiculous is that some people say it's worth more now that it has been shredded!

In my opinion, fine art is the biggest con game since organised religion!

I reckon that anyone could do it.

1. Produce something - anything, any medium.
2. Get a few 'art experts' to sing its praises.
3. Wait for someone with more money than sense to buy it.
4. Give your 'art experts' their cut of the proceeds.
How true, when some person paid more than £1Million for Tracy Ermin's Bed and soiled clothes on the floor.

They must be insane.

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 05:00 PM

News to me. I live in a bubble most of the time. Crazy world.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 05:10 PM

Hi

If I won the Lottery I would happily pay for some works of Art, not this type of stuff though.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 05:44 PM

I thought someone had vandalized it, bet it will be more valuable shredded, as a unique one-off. On news now it seems he was there and took photo posted on internet going, going, gone.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 05:47 PM

Sounds like a statement piece, Banksy is good at that sort of thing.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 06:17 PM

I think a lot of this art and fashion stuff is a case of the Emperors new clothes. If vacant people are told often enough how wonderful something is they begin to believe it and feel if they are not au fait with the latest trends then they are somehow a lesser human being.

Take the Kardashian arse for example. So many idiots having bum implants and surgery just so they can have a massive arris. I can do that just with the aid of some doughnuts

I feel the Banksy thing is a massive publicity stunt and it's working, look how many people are clicking on the story and talking about it
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
I think a lot of this art and fashion stuff is a case of the Emperors new clothes. If vacant people are told often enough how wonderful something is they begin to believe it and feel if they are not au fait with the latest trends then they are somehow a lesser human being.

Take the Kardashian arse for example. So many idiots having bum implants and surgery just so they can have a massive arris. I can do that just with the aid of some doughnuts

I feel the Banksy thing is a massive publicity stunt and it's working, look how many people are clicking on the story and talking about it
Yes indeed.

I clicked on the story because I thought it was funny and showed some people (the sort you describe) to be simple idiots.

I certainly would never buy any art, at least not unless I thought I could make a packet on selling it again!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 07:25 PM

Usually, works of art only become valuable after the artist has died! It seems a bit ironic really!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top