Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 04:15 PM

Packaging in the UK

When you buy something in the UK, do you have to have a sledge hammer, a pair of wire cutters, and vice grips to get it out of the packaging.

I swear it is getting worse and worse and worse all the time here. Every time I buy something at Canadian Tire, I have to fight hard to get it out of the package.

I bought a simple Brita Water Jug for $19.00. What the heck, I had to fight with that packaging to get that Britta out of the pack. In fact, I have had it a week and didn't open it until today because I dreaded the fight.......

It must cost them a fortune to pack it, and of course, we would have that added in the price. You would think it was lined in gold.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 04:19 PM

Re: Packaging in the UK

The packaging here in the UK has gone absolutely crazy, and such a waste of resources.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
The packaging here in the UK has gone absolutely crazy, and such a waste of resources.
Thank you for letting me know it is the same there. Yes, a waste of resources.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 04:33 PM

Make you laugh WB.

I ordered a new Blood sugar pricker, its 1 inch long.
It came to me the next day by a signed Courier, it came in a box which was 8 inch square, then wrapped in black plastic which I couldn't undo, and had 7 second class stamps on it. It only came from London to Essex, they could have put it in a small Jiffy bag with 1 2nd class stamp on it and put in my letter box. What a waste of money.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

12-10-2018, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Make you laugh WB.

I ordered a new Blood sugar pricker, its 1 inch long.
It came to me the next day by a signed Courier, it came in a box which was 8 inch square, then wrapped in black plastic which I couldn't undo, and had 7 second class stamps on it. It only came from London to Essex, they could have put it in a small Jiffy bag with 1 2nd class stamp on it and put in my letter box. What a waste of money.
Oh gosh Susie, that is so funny. I laughed right out loud. Crazy !!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 04:52 PM

What I couldn't understand is, why was there 7 stamps on it!!!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 04:54 PM

Makes me laugh, if you order a pair of scissors, you need a pair of scissors to open the flamin things...
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 05:14 PM

I bought a CD from Amazon which arrived today in an envelope which measured 12ins x 8ins. So flimsy that the end had torn open but luckily and amazingly the CD was still in the envelope. The other extreme.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 05:28 PM

the first song is fitting I think called wrap it up by Sam Moore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14b1...ion_2812402447
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK

12-10-2018, 08:28 PM

Ah yes I remember that song.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top