Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 05:50 PM

Am I mad?

Hi

I am having a huge clear out since moving into my new house.

I am getting rid of everything the Ex bought and replacing.

I want a completely new start.

Have you ever done the same or could you still live with the stuff?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 06:04 PM

Re: Am I mad?

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Not at all, im hoping to start the same next year. I need to reduce right across the board things i no longer need or use, i just cant understand why i have kept it so long.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 06:09 PM

Hi

There's not a straightforward answer to that Swim, it depends on why you want to clear her stuff out, and you haven't expalined that.

I thought you parted years ago?

If people split and there remains a fondness, (as there was with me and my first husband), I would like to keep a memento.
Also, if a partner dies, their stuff can become very precious and important to you.

If, on the other hand, you parted on bad feelings, and want rid of anything that reminds you, I can understand that too.

What I don't understand is, if that is the case, is why have you kept her stuff all these years then?

Having said that, the split with my second husband was very traumatic and I didn't want a single thing of his to remind me. I couldn't even keep his name anymore.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 06:16 PM

Hi

Possessions are inanimate things. I wouldn't sweat over it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 06:19 PM

I think if I lost Steven I'd have huge problems parting with his stuff. But you are in a different place swim in that you haven't lost her. So I'd say do wnatever feels right.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 06:21 PM

I never throw out anything useful
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 06:29 PM

This is something l have never considered, nor would l.
Besides all the stuff that may remind me of them is really good, useful stuff. I wouldn’t keep their clothes though as they are no good to me!

I would never dispose, destroy or cut up my two ex’s property or things we’d bought together. I have never suffered bitterness, so there would be no need to.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Chuck it out Swims .
It's bad Feng Shui .
Keep a photo or two she was part of your life and the mother of your children but FGS get rid of the iron and the frying pan and other domestic trappings.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

I am not sentimental about objects, if my husband died I would have no hesitation in getting rid of his clothes and anything else I didn't want.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Chuck it out Swims .
It's bad Feng Shui .
Keep a photo or two she was part of your life and the mother of your children but FGS get rid of the iron and the frying pan and other domestic trappings.
Muddy, l couldn’t do that! All mine is Le Creuset and other quality names, too good to throw out !

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top