Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 06:35 PM

Re: Am I mad?

Originally Posted by Mups ->
There's not a straightforward answer to that Swim, it depends on why you want to clear her stuff out, and you haven't expalined that.

I thought you parted years ago?

If people split and there remains a fondness, (as there was with me and my first husband), I would like to keep a memento.
Also, if a partner dies, their stuff can become very precious and important to you.

If, on the other hand, you parted on bad feelings, and want rid of anything that reminds you, I can understand that too.

What I don't understand is, if that is the case, is why have you kept her stuff all these years then?

Having said that, the split with my second husband was very traumatic and I didn't want a single thing of his to remind me. I couldn't even keep his name anymore.
Hi

We did part years ago. but I stayed in the same house and kept stuff for practicality, but it was a constant reminder.

I just want a complete new start.

There is not a hint of duck egg blue in the house.

Not a single Yankee Candle either.

I have a table and chairs and a pine chest of drawers to go and that is all the big stuff gone.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 06:38 PM

Yes i did get rid of most of my stuff when my marriage ended badly, wedding photos even no place for poisoned memories
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 06:42 PM

God forbid should anything happen to my husband, I know I would have great difficulty parting with anything that was part of him or about him.

I think if I was coming out of a horrible relationship I wouldn't think twice about getting rid of every trace, trouble is, you can't erase the memories
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
God forbid should anything happen to my husband, I know I would have great difficulty parting with anything that was part of him or about him.

I think if I was coming out of a horrible relationship I wouldn't think twice about getting rid of every trace, trouble is, you can't erase the memories

Hi

I still miss my Ex, but my aim is improving.

Time to move on and start completely anew.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 06:59 PM

Goodness Art you must have muscles like Arnold Schwarzenegger to even lift Le Creuset I love the colours but the weight !

Still beats a gym subscription
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 07:04 PM

Please gentleman don't cut your ex out of all family photos ok maybe it's different nowadays with digital .
My husband parents parted and his Dad cut her out of all the photos a sad thing to do to children.
( His Aunty kept some and gave him them decades later )
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Goodness Art you must have muscles like Arnold Schwarzenegger to even lift Le Creuset I love the colours but the weight !

Still beats a gym subscription
Muddy, I don’t mind lifting it, it’s getting it out of the oven and it’s roasting hot that’s the worst!
I think the food tastes better cooked in it, so it’s worth it!

Oh and talking about Feng Shui. I bought my ex partner a red dragon figurine. It’s still here and l won’t ever throw it away.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

and good luck lad. New beginnings, very exciting
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Swimmy, Is this your ex, the barrister who came to your house when Guy was with you last year?

It’s a shame you didn’t load it up onto the doorstep and tell her to take it with her!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

14-10-2018, 08:02 PM

Hi

It is not the mother of kids, we parted many years ago, and she is still the mother of my two, I never say a bad word about her to my kids.

It is the last Ex, who was most definitely not nice once we were married.

We did not part on amicable terms, she was very nasty.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top