Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2011, 12:36 AM

Anybody Doing Owt?

Tomorrow night that is? Are you off out gallivanting at a party or down the pub, or having a quiet night in to celebrate the new year?
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2011, 12:44 AM

Re: Anybody Doing Owt?

At risk of appearing like a wet blanket, I shall be in bed asleep and will watch the midnight London fireworks on video. Its just a date change to me and time to start taking down the decorations.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2011, 12:48 AM

You're not a wet blanket at all Graham. I'll watch the fireworks going off over Manchester, and go to bed whenever I get tired.
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2011, 01:23 AM

we will be at home with the family, still have my mum and dad staying with us.

I don't like going out on new years eve and prefer to be at home
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

31-12-2011, 01:30 AM

That's lovely Kitty.

In years gone by I've always gone out on New Year's Eve, but quite honestly I don't want to any longer. In fact, this will be my first New Year's Eve on my own and that's how I want it. I can't be doing with all the party poppers and streamers these days and, with the greatest respect to our Scottish friends on here, I've never really understood the significance of adopting Auld Lang Syne because that only makes me cry!
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2011, 01:39 AM

i have never been into the new year thing, we have been out in the past before the kids arrived, and a few times when the kids were little and in the safe hands of a baby sitter, but i prefer to be at home any day.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

31-12-2011, 01:44 AM

So do I these days.

Years ago, Gordon and I would get dressed up, and walk in snow and ice to get to the Club we used to go in, stand outside freezing until somebody opened up, then have a night's entertainment with an artist charging three times the normal, whom nobody could be bothered with then, at midnight, folk would go round doing the kissy-kissy stuff with folk. Urrrggghh! I'd just give my Gordon a kiss and that was it, except for pecks on the cheek.

For the last three years I've spent New Year's Eve at my brother's, but not this year because we just get maudlin' and I can't be doing with that now!
Kitty
London

31-12-2011, 01:58 AM

I don't like the kissy stuff either Mollie only with my hubby and close family.

done the dressing up a few times, and a few parties, but don't rate them, even when i was a teen i am not a party person

but i hope everyone has a good new years eve.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

31-12-2011, 02:16 AM

Well, whatever folk are doing tomorrow night, I hope they enjoy themselves.
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2011, 09:07 AM

Not me, it's just another day for me. Once Christmas is over that's me back to normal.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top