Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2019, 05:04 PM

Re: Do you think a study of psychology is useful?

Originally Posted by precious ->
hey guys
longdogs made a joke
we are all supposed to laugh
he prefers violence humour
or should I say gallows humour
But unlike you, he has a sense of humour
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2019, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
I can vouch for that - it is wicked - but it is there!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2019, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->

That is true, Rehab.
Our Dongle has a very witty and amusing sense of humour.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2019, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That is true, Rehab.
Our Dongle has a very witty and amusing sense of humour.
I'd call it a 'wicked' sense of humour he's such a
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 12:49 AM

I thought you hated each other.so you forget your differences to turn on me...fair enough....
rehab the voice of maturity round here.....what adults? I haven't seen any yet

Whooa!....What does that mean?! That is over the top sport. Don't insult a whole site full of people in one sweep. THis place is full of people who want to get a rise out of you. IF a serious question is asked, honour it with a serious answer. If it's rhetorical or just a cheap shot, ignore it. But if you take yourself seriously without a real reason well you're asking for it. We talk about emotions and psychology. Here's a bit of psychology from me. I am Pd off by that comment. I could say a powerful whole lot more right now but I'll restrain myself. Because..I don't know?..Maybe it's because I'M AN ADULT!!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 03:52 AM

Oh dear lord!
Picking on our Long Dogs?
He’s killer funny!!!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
[/i][/b]

whooa!....what does that mean?! That is over the top sport. Don't insult a whole site full of people in one sweep. This place is full of people who want to get a rise out of you. If a serious question is asked, honour it with a serious answer. If it's rhetorical or just a cheap shot, ignore it. But if you take yourself seriously without a real reason well you're asking for it. We talk about emotions and psychology. Here's a bit of psychology from me. I am pd off by that comment. I could say a powerful whole lot more right now but i'll restrain myself. Because..i don't know?..maybe it's because i'm an adult!!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 07:52 AM

I thought you hated each other.so you forget your differences to turn on me...

Now I wonder where you got that idea from ?
Aren’t you supposedly a new poster ?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Probably only useful to the people who study it. It means they can label and categorise others more easily, but I'm not really a fan of that. I think many would not like to be generalised and put in the same box.

I posted this video on another thread , but it was obvious that nobody viewed it.
Although it's more connected to psychiatry , I believe that they are intertwined .
It's to do with mental health by studying the brain from 83,000 brains. SPECT imaging.
PD this is an excellent video and the Dr is making a point that I have long wondered about myself. They simply do not scan people's brains when they present with mental illness and just dish out meds with no idea of whether they will work or what the real problem is.

I haven't looked at the treatment methods they use in the Amen clinics. I think it's therapeutic. But the danger is if scanning is used by more radical doctors to then try brain surgery as they did in the 50s with lobotomies.

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top