Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Savvy
United States
Savvy is male  Savvy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 12:19 AM

Re: 2019 - Hottest and Dryest on Record

The liberals have learned how to control the weather to make it look like there really is climate change. Don't be fooled.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Savvy ->
The liberals have learned how to control the weather to make it look like there really is climate change. Don't be fooled.
Sigh! all the climate scientists, meteorologists and computer modellers are liberals too, I guess.

AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Who are the 'some' who are denying climate change Besoeker?

I ask you this Besoeker........Without referring to the media or the internet, describe to me one thing that you have noticed personally that would indicate climate change?
erm it's 20 degrees c in my downstairs hall in mid jan and the central heating switched off hours ago. The garden flowers are starting to come out. The geraniums and cyclamen didn't even die this year even in the least sheltered parts of the garden. I've only had to wear my winter coat once or twice this winter. Didn't even need a scarf this week. I always had to start wearing a warm coat about Oct Nov. Oh yes and the ice caps are melting.... There's definitely a change and it's not a good one. It's going to confuse bird migration and insect behaviour. This is definitely bad news OGF. What happened to the second ice age?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by Savvy ->
That would be funny if it were a laughing matter.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
erm it's 20 degrees c in my downstairs hall in mid jan and the central heating switched off hours ago. The garden flowers are starting to come out. The geraniums and cyclamen didn't even die this year even in the least sheltered parts of the garden. I've only had to wear my winter coat once or twice this winter. Didn't even need a scarf this week. I always had to start wearing a warm coat about Oct Nov. Oh yes and the ice caps are melting.... There's definitely a change and it's not a good one. It's going to confuse bird migration and insect behaviour. This is definitely bad news OGF. What happened to the second ice age?
Do you know the difference between weather and climate change Annie?
But just as an aside......I'm not disputing the climate is changing, it's never been static however much the eco warriors are suggesting it was. I'm questioning the reasons why the climate is changing. What's happening is nothing new.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 10:56 AM

Just remember that someone on Easter Island chopped down the last tree knowing that it was the last tree. Who ever it was condemned his/her people to starvation and a pitiful existence for decades to come.

It doesn't bode well for the future.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

10-01-2020, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Do you know the difference between weather and climate change Annie?
But just as an aside......I'm not disputing the climate is changing, it's never been static however much the eco warriors are suggesting it was. I'm questioning the reasons why the climate is changing. What's happening is nothing new.
Hi OGF. There is no compartmentalisation on this planet. Everything affects everything else and right now it's like a goldfish bowl that has too much poo. It's nothing new but it's worse and it's not natural. We do affect the weather. We had acid rain and pea soupers in the past, but this is on a far bigger scale. If we are not careful we will turn the world into a desert.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Just remember that someone on Easter Island chopped down the last tree knowing that it was the last tree. Who ever it was condemned his/her people to starvation and a pitiful existence for decades to come.

It doesn't bode well for the future.
I'm surprised there is anyone left alive in that neck of the woods Bruce, after all the A bomb testing over the years. Perhaps we should look no further for the recent heatwaves and bushfires in Aus.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

10-01-2020, 12:02 PM

Hi OGF. There is no compartmentalisation on this planet. Everything affects everything else and right now it's like a goldfish bowl that has too much poo. It's nothing new but it's worse and it's not natural. We do affect the weather. We had acid rain and pea soupers in the past, but this is on a far bigger scale. If we are not careful we will turn the world into a desert.
Morning Annie, and with all due respect, I don't think you realise the size of this planet and the insignificant effect mankind has on it. The things you mention are serious and should be, and have been, addressed but they are only local events and are soon remedied.

I have seen no evidence to suggest that mankind is responsible for the change in climate. Using those same figures and graphs it was only thirty years ago they were telling us that we were approaching an Ice Age. How could they come to the totally opposite conclusions from the same statistics Annie. The media is not to be trusted.....

It was only a few years ago we had one of the coldest winters on record, I recall them well, as I delivered the post in sub zero temperatures and deep snow. In just a few years we have gone from the Ice Age to man made global warming, I'm afraid forecasting the climate doesn't work like that. They are just weather events.....
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 01:57 PM

I agree climate, or rather world average temperature change is
currently in rise phase Annie, however, we have the weather, or
rather the variable local conditions superimposed onto the climate
graph, thus creating small bumps on top of the larger smoother
curve of climate, does that make sense?
This explains ozzy experiencing larger temp rises than other parts
of the globe due to its different topography and position on the
planet, none ot which can humans influence!
The only thing that it is possible( but debateable ?) for us to change
is the amount of heat radiated into space from the surface by changing the composition of the atmosphere with so called green
house gasses?
Doubt is cast on this theory by the fact that we have a number of
active volcanoes which each are capable of producing more gasses
than the entire industrial revolution?
So it looks as if humanity is just along for the ride to me!
Regards Donkeyman!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top