Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 05:19 PM

Rotary electric wood planer repair project

for some years i have had lying about this electric rotary wood planer and stopped using it as a blade broke.

the actual blade is that thin strip of metal

Checked it out and it still works, so blade clamps strip down to start with. Turns out a battle between me and the hex head screws as they have never been undone. Ok I have an allen key which fitted the heads but could not shift them. Bit of head scratching so machine into vice to hold it still and out with the big boy Draper tool kit. With the short tip into the head-an extn bar and a rachet spanner at last they snapped free.

So today ordered new blades and drive belt incase the existing one snapped. when they come Ii shall at least have another bit of kit to play with
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 04:29 PM

Re: Rotary electric wood planer repair project

well new blades fitted and what a fiddle it was . The clamp bar had to be exactly in the right position also the cutting blade.
Took ages to fathom out before getting it right

One clamp for the blades and another clamp for the blade clamp
Newer machines must have been made easier by now

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top