Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2010, 07:48 PM

Old rockers

Never go away.

I remember `Stray` from Friars in Kempston-nearly 40 years ago

Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2010, 07:50 PM

Re: Old rockers

And I found this

mrmojorisin
Tangy Town, UK
mrmojorisin is male  mrmojorisin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2010, 08:05 AM

Ooooo Old Git! I luv you already! Stray have always been a favorite. I've had that first album in my collection since the day it came out...totally brill! Stray where the big early day pioneers of the psychedelic light show ...totally amazing to see. And old Del Bromham is still going strong !!!

Other British bands of the day that sprang to mind when I seen this are:
Hawkwind...of course Hawkwind...In Search of Space era
Edgar Broughton Band
Pink Fairie
Mighty Baby
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2010, 12:27 PM

Propa rockers by the sound of it
mrmojorisin
Tangy Town, UK
mrmojorisin is male  mrmojorisin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2010, 02:27 PM

I went to a gig last year. The band was "Hells Bells" doing, as well as obviously, as the name suggests, AC DC covers, Motorhead and Iron Maiden stuff. In front of the stage there was a line of about 12 old blokes 'ed bangin' in their identical "Monsters of Rock '76" Tee Shirts. Trouble was they were all balding and beer bellied ! Quite a bizarre sight actually!!
Old git
West Deeping Lincs

24-07-2010, 04:48 PM

Edgar Broughton Band

Nice guys them,had a chat with them years ago at a concert when it rained and the music stopped. But it was also at that gig that Vinegar Jo were on and who would you fancy? Elkie Brookes of course.

It rained and we were young so if I can find this on u-tube?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGTUUDVpNms
mrmojorisin
Tangy Town, UK

24-07-2010, 05:24 PM

Cor Blimey! That were Brill that were! Thanks for posting. I still have and treasure their "Sing Brother Sing Album" Album. Very Dark and Vibrant! And those beautiful Orange Amps! Such treasures of thermionic wizardry!

They once did a Radio 1 "In Concert" in 1970, I bet there's not many who remember that? I seem to remember them being introduced by...(maybe?) Pete Drummond as Britains answer to Captain Beefheart and his magic band !!

Out Demons out !!!!
Old git
West Deeping Lincs

24-07-2010, 06:08 PM

so many bands back then-I`ve seen the Beatles,The Stones,the Who,Hawkwind,Groundhogs,it goes on .

But one still stands out-Free. Paul Roger`s voice and Koss playing his soul out.

So many tunes to chose-but this sums it up?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3ULu...eature=related

Ok it was post Free and more Back Street Crawler but you get my point?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2010, 08:20 PM

My Son slags me about my music tastes, he says 'Old rockers never die, they just shake, rattle, and ramble on forever'. I must admit I do a little of all three.
mrmojorisin
Tangy Town, UK

25-07-2010, 08:05 AM

Your Son is right Old Rockers do ramble on and on. I once spent most of a business meeting with the CEO of a major multinational rambling on passionately about Wishbone Ash's album Argus !!!

I've found though with more switched on ultra-cool youngsters there's a great respect for the best of 60s/70s prog rock. Good music never gets old, it ages and matures like old wine.

I really loved Free, have all there albums on vinyl. It was a very sad day when Paul Kossoff passed away!!!

Try this one from Mighty Baby, unfortunately there's no surviving film footage for this band:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWP6F3H158A

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top