Join for free
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 02:58 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
were did you get my photo from - that's classified!
I was spying through the window.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I was spying through the window.
wot through my classified window ?? - I must update to windows 10 cos I don't think you can count that far heh!?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 03:04 PM

wot through my classified window ?? - I must update to windows 10 cos I don't think you can count that far heh!?
Those damn updates!!!!! They drive me crazy. It says log off and update - FINE.
Next time you log on!!!!!! It takes ages updating!!!!!!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 03:14 PM

Those damn updates!!!!! They drive me crazy. It says log off and update - FINE.
Next time you log on!!!!!! It takes ages updating!!!!!!
yes I wont go on 10 - i'm still on 9 or 8 and it's fine but when it crashes I'm in trouble! - my mate in London is always complaining about the updates and the time !
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

16-09-2018, 03:15 PM

yes I wont go on 10 - i'm still on 9 or 8 and it's fine but when it crashes I'm in trouble! - my mate in London is always complaining about the updates and the time !
There might be a way to stop them?????
I regularly clear my history, I found that helped.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

16-09-2018, 03:20 PM

There might be a way to stop them?????
I regularly clear my history, I found that helped.
If you ask the guys above on the other threads they will tell yu I think Mart knows the game?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

16-09-2018, 03:23 PM

If you ask the guys above on the other threads they will tell yu I think Mart knows the game?
I asked one thing there once. It was a problem with my old laptop, foolishly I followed the link!!!!!! That was the end of my laptop!!!!!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

16-09-2018, 03:26 PM

I asked one thing there once. It was a problem with my old laptop, foolishly I followed the link!!!!!! That was the end of my laptop!!!!!
you got windows 10 then?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

16-09-2018, 03:27 PM

you got windows 10 then?
Yes, this is a new, well fairly new laptop.
I know Pugsy is still cursing his Mac.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

16-09-2018, 03:49 PM

Story time again children!!

I once worked for a state govt authority – names and places have been disguised to save the innocent! The majority of my work was at base camp an the outer city suburb – a pleasant leafy one with plenty of restaurants and pubs – even a small local cinema and small nick nack shops. So at lunch time we could browse about ; have a meal but no beer I did work for the drug state authority.

It was a fascinating job in many ways. I not only travelled around local suburbs but also the state which required car usage and planes. We had working offices in the far south in a place with the last whaling centre in the state in a place called Albany. A visit to Albany which might occur 2-3 times a year required a small 7 seater plane journey of approx 2 hrs – we landed at a small isolated airport surrounded by wheat fields and were picked up by our local staff. They were responsible for taking us around and showing us their projects etc.

Some locations enabled larger planes of the 60 seater type to other sites. It was mind broadening to get out of the city office and get to the outback towns and see how they coped and often felt ignored by the big ‘city’ . I think there were six locations in all – one within a 2 hr car drive. But it was good to get away from officialdom in the city – it was almost a holiday atmosphere. We were booked into hotels for the duration and had daily allowances to by our meals etc.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top