Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2010, 10:32 PM

Re: over 50?

Like Joan Baez OG, good choice.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2010, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
Love them all, thanks OG. Jimi's the greatest isn't he?.
I actually saw him at the Bournemouth Winter Gardens in 1967 (I think) during my final year at school. The Walker Brothers headlined the show, Cat Stevens was also there. Jimi pushed over his amplifiers which were gigantic! I've got an old LP of his up in the loft but nothing to play it on.
You've brought some memories back Maryl My very first concert was Jimi, and the main stars were the Walker Brothers. They appeared at Blackpool. Jimi was a bit crazy on stage......loved the Walker Brothers
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2010, 01:25 PM

Wow Merz! That must have been the same tour! In those days, we rushed to the stage screaming, did you? They all did two performances that day, an afternoon one and an evening one, which we went to because it was the last ever time the Walker Brothers would be performing on stage together. Don't know if that was true, maybe OG can find out?
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2010, 03:12 PM

I never did see Hendrix or the Walker Bros,but I do remember those`shows` where the likes of the Beatles were below Helen Schapiro on the list.

Then `Friars` in Kempston-Free played in 1969 and later Hyde Park-but as that annoying advert for insurance says-it aint free or even cheap these days
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2010, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
Wow Merz! That must have been the same tour! In those days, we rushed to the stage screaming, did you? They all did two performances that day, an afternoon one and an evening one, which we went to because it was the last ever time the Walker Brothers would be performing on stage together. Don't know if that was true, maybe OG can find out?
Think it must have been the same one Maryl. Remember rushing and screaming to stage-couldn't speak the day after, my throat was so sore! It was an evening one I went to and remember nearly missing the last train home! Was worth the sprint to the railway station though
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2010, 11:49 AM

Thanks to recommendations from friends on Facebook I discovered a lovely young singer named JJ Heller. To some she would be considered ugly as a toad but I feel her beauty through her music. Her husband plays the accoustic guitar and joins here in hamony. They travel all over the United States to do concerts. Giver her a listen at http://www.jjheller.com/home.asp
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2010, 11:59 AM

Nice tune-and I would not consider her ugly at all-actually she is easier on the eye then most painted dolls who comprise groups without talent.

Here is a couple playing accoustic guitar with a version of a rock classic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNc5o...eature=related
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2010, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Old git ->
It takes an awful lot to offend me-my musical tastes are very varied-and I`m partial to a good voice-well one with feeling anyway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGMHS...eature=related
Now you're talking about a voice OG. I have every album ever made by Joan Baez. I purchased he latest release and was sad to hear her voice had gone but she still remains a favorite.
bobmielke
Portland, OR

13-10-2010, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Old git ->
Nice tune-and I would not consider her ugly at all-actually she is easier on the eye then most painted dolls who comprise groups without talent.

Here is a couple playing accoustic guitar with a version of a rock classic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNc5o...eature=related
Holy Moly that was a great rendition of Stairway To Heaven. They are very talented. If you love accoustic guitar as I do you might check out Jesse Cook. I have 4 of his albums and can't get enough of his talent. http://www.jessecook.com/#/home/
FatFreddy
New Member!
Herts,UK
FatFreddy is male 

19-10-2010, 11:08 PM

Well this was my kind of stuff....

http://www.katami.com/memory/view/11...-the-wake-arms

They don't have groups (or venues) like that any more.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top