Join for free
Page 141 of 1676 « First < 41 91 131 139 140 141 142 143 151 191 241 641 1141 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2016, 03:56 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Hello,playmates!

had anyone noticed I was missing?
[he asked,hopefully but despairingly...]
Pug my dear fellow, you was only allowed one weeks break.
Of course you were badly missed and it’s great to see you again, pull over a chair.
Tell me this my learned friend, why do they say when a criminal escapes jail that he is “At large” In these times of political correctness would that not be insulting to obese and vertically challenged persons?
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2016, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Pug my dear fellow, you was only allowed one weeks break.
Of course you were badly missed and it’s great to see you again, pull over a chair.
Tell me this my learned friend, why do they say when a criminal escapes jail that he is “At large” In these times of political correctness would that not be insulting to obese and vertically challenged persons?
That's wot I was trying to say, ta Jem.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2016, 08:26 PM

I have six audio books of Billy Bunter read by Martin Jarvis, then were given to me by my son some years ago, Jarvis does all the voices brilliantly, I love his Mr. Quelch, like listening to a radio play with a full cast. I have started to listen to them again and I’m enjoying them very much.
Bunter was one of my favourite characters when I was a boy, part of the schoolboy never left me and I still can enjoy these simple stories, probably all of them would never be allowed to be aired on TV or radio as they were written in todays society with the political correctness / health and safety people having a seizure, I was surprised to see them available on Amazon @ £8.75.
Charles Hamilton, who wrote the stories under the pen name Frank Richards wrote over 100 million words in his lifetime (imagine having him on a forum), equivalent to 1,200 full sized novels, making him the most prolific writer in history. He died in 1961.
“Oh crikey! Let go you beast!” Sorry lads, that was the wife tugging at me to get my attention.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2016, 11:35 PM

All that is OK for Charles, but pales into insignificance, after your admittance Jem, that you know Big Brother.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2016, 02:27 PM

Yuss. Jolly good. I see the mean level of conversational acuity has risen greatly,during my enforced absence,chaps. Errm,Jem...I believe the 'at large' you refer to is an archaic reference to being 'Not restricted' [as opposed to Unrestricted-an entirely different thing,y'see]. Back in't day,when it were all fields around here and gumbud could touch his toes,ambassadors for countries were invariably referred to as 'Ambassador at large',as they had largess to negotiate and/or work in agreement with,as many countries as required or asked for,their offices. Yes. Ok-where's the kettle?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

30-11-2016, 08:32 PM

Thanks Pug, I knew I could depend on you, if you didn’t know you could always make up your own answer, that’s what I do all the time, I learned that from a politician friend I had, his motto was “If you don’t know don’t let it show” very successful he was to and stayed in politics all his life.
I’ll remember that the next time the wife asks me if her bum is big in something “Well let’s just say it’s at large my dear, but who want’s a restricted arse anyway?”
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2016, 08:47 PM

NO,ya MUPPET!
Oh,ff.....look,pay attention,Jem....

Using both command of erudition,plus an etymology that could melt libraries,it goes like this...

"Does my bum look big in this dear?"

"Dearest,I am captivated & near-hypnotised by your plush curvaciousness-and it'a VERY small room".

Other versions;should one be [foolishly] unafraid of female wrath:-

"Does my bum look big in this,dear?"

"Last time I saw an arse that size,Lester Piggot was whipping it!"

...I'll leave you to ponder which response is most likely to finish in A&E.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

30-11-2016, 09:15 PM

Yes Pug, I think it’s wiser to say nothing, the crowds in the A&E here are unbelievable at this time of year, she’s busy now in the paddock, sorry kitchen, working on the Christmas pudding.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2016, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Yes Pug, I think it’s wiser to say nothing, the crowds in the A&E here are unbelievable at this time of year, she’s busy now in the paddock, sorry kitchen, working on the Christmas pudding.
is that a 'big bum' xmas pudding ? me ma used to make lovely xmas puddings and hang them in a cloth from the ceiling clothes hoist - she would say " eh by gum gummie lad that one's nearly as big as ya sisters bum!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2016, 12:26 PM

I've just found out that my car is end of the world proof, it has an Apocalyptic Converter fitted.

Page 141 of 1676 « First < 41 91 131 139 140 141 142 143 151 191 241 641 1141 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top