Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2019, 09:07 AM

Re: Question Time Tonight

I have stopped watching this programme a while back. It used to be good years ago but these days it's just like watching Jeremy kyle without the lie detector.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2019, 10:10 AM

I watched it and came to the conclusion that the politicians give replies completely different to the questions asked. So full of themselves it was unbelievable. At least Farage seemed to make an effort to talk in our language and not political speech.
The others could only continually repeat the party lines which we have heard time and time again, they are so afraid of loosing their jobs they refuse to be honest with their thoughts
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2019, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I watched it and came to the conclusion that the politicians give replies completely different to the questions asked. So full of themselves it was unbelievable. At least Farage seemed to make an effort to talk in our language and not political speech.
The others could only continually repeat the party lines which we have heard time and time again, they are so afraid of loosing their jobs they refuse to be honest with their thoughts

Just watched the recording and found the reptile Farage sticking to his normal mannerism of just being a big mouthed bully with no answer for anything posed other than lets sink the country and leave on WTO rules. What a tosser.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2019, 10:37 AM

Maybe, just maybe we need a big mouthed bully as you put it to get us out of the EU. No other political I can think of has the personality or guts to do the job

The EU seems to have plenty of them
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2019, 10:50 AM

Maybe, just maybe we need a big mouthed bully as you put it to get us out of the EU. No other political I can think of has the personality or guts to do the job

The EU seems to have plenty of them

There is a difference between being a big mouth bully and having a brain.

The EU have negotiators.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

10-05-2019, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
There is a difference between being a big mouth bully and having a brain.

The EU have negotiators.
Just a different name thats all
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2019, 01:04 PM

It was definitely a night for promoting each one's own agenda.

We've heard it so many times, but what did amuse me was when Soubry talking about lies and spin.
We got the same old rhetoric and surprisingly , Soubry didn't seem to know that Norway is not a member state of the EU. Farage kept pointing it out, but she wasn't going to accept it.. even knowing she was wrong and brought in the same technique of trying to override and drown out the other persons comments. Same old same old..

These people should be better than that.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2019, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I thought it was quite interesting that Soubrey got just as much applause and seemingly from the same people as Farage, if not a bit louder.
I think we must have been watching different programmes!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2019, 01:59 PM

I watched it and came to the conclusion that the politicians give replies completely different to the questions asked.
That's nothing, you should watch Diane Abbott on YouTube!

So full of themselves it was unbelievable. At least Farage seemed to make an effort to talk in our language and not political speech.
Very true.
itsme
Wigan UK

10-05-2019, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I think we must have been watching a different programme I thought Farage handled himself very well and as for Soubry justifying herself not having a by election by saying she has had letters and emails of support...what a joke! Glad she seemed sober though for a change.

Rudd is lining herself up for the leadership battle so said nothing that might upset anyone...no idea who the businessman was or the Labour guy.

Lively programme with a diverse audience ...the young blonde girl in the audience should have been on the panel....she would have given them all what for.
Did you actually listen, and I mean listen to what the reptile was saying. That we should leave the EU on WTO rules. People can go around saying 'should' to everything ie I should win the lottery!

However, as he knew, there is only one thing that parliament has as a majority on and that is, the UK will NOT leave without a deal.

Neither does his party have ANY MP's to bring this about. He knows that, but carried on with his CON trick to which he got a reasonably rousing reaction from those in the audience who hadn't listened and thought through his drivel.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top