Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 08:38 PM

Re: Fess up

I never did anything wrong Rhian....

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Come on..
It's the "let it all out" confession thread

You'll feel better, redeemed even
Is that a promise, Rhian?

OK then - this happened when I was about 5yrs old.

My dad always used "Yardley's Lavender" shaving soap - which came in a neat wooden bowl. One early morn - for no reason that I could explain - I took a knife to it - chopped it into tiny fragments like bread crumbs. Dad went wild - chased me through the house up to the attics and smacked my bottom with the back of a hair brush!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
Your mum probably thought it was done by very neat moths.
Haha! I think you're right Pyxell!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I was 13 , the fashion was little pixie boots with fur round the top and an inch high heel 1963 was the year , I so desperately wanted a pair , I pestered my mother for weeks , she took me to a shoe shop there wasnt a pixie high heeled boot in sight , only flat sole ugly looking brown fur topped old lady boots , guess what she made me have THEM and forced me to wear them home , I was seen by girls from a school who were wearing high heeled pixie boots with a circle of trendy fur around the top trip tripping home in the trendy way I wanted to , but no I was wearing those old lady , flat stumps sole brown things with clumpy fake fur .

I never ever wore them again , I dont know if mum ever knew how heartbroken and humiliated I was that day .

But now I've been a mum i can say with a big smile of wisdom , i forgive you mum x
That story is very touching Susan & I think most have us have been there in our childhood.

It's funny looking back because who would have known that years later ugg boots would be so fashionable. The original "old lady boot" worn by the trendiest in the land.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2019, 02:03 AM

While going to Sunday School I’d add a quarter and take a dime to buy candy.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2019, 08:47 AM

Firstly, this incident occurred when I was a minor, therefore I believe I cannot be prosecuted for my “ crime”

Back in nineteen sixty something, I was about six, maybe seven, at primary school, in those days we could have a snack at break time with our school milk, indeed, the school sold some snacks, crisps, biscuits and such, ( yes healthy eh, ), on this particular day , I didn’t have enough money to buy much, just a couple of biscuits, but my classmate, Stuart Grayson, ( there I’ve named him,) , seemed to have plenty, I remember he was able to buy twelve nice, biscuits my favourite , btw, well to a small child this didn’t seem fair, so I decided that , as he had so many , he wouldn’t miss just ONE!, so I took a biscuit and slipped it into my pocket, but, I hadn’t figured on the wrong I did to Stuart, and , to my horror, he told the teacher...the whole class had to line up and be frisked by the teacher, there was me with my I’ll gotten gains, in my pocket, waiting for the inevitable, and ,was it me, ? Or was the biscuit in my pocket getting hotter?, what could I do..?, as the line edged closer to the teacher, I decided to do the right thing, I sneakily broke the biscuit into small pieces and popped each piece into my mouth and let it dissolve, so as not to appear to be seen chewing, ( clever eh) , finally it was my turn, the teacher patted me down , but could find nothing, I had done it, a victimless crime, Stuart never knew, and I never told anyone, ( until now),
Sometimes, when in the supermarket, I wander down the aisle where the biscuits are, and look at the vast assortment of of deliciousness, until my eyes are drawn to the nice biscuits, I close my eyes and still see the line drawing closer to the searching teacher, patting each of her pupils down , rooting out the master criminal , I still eat nice biscuits, but as I crunch each one, I hear the sound in my head that sounds like, “ you stole Stuart’s biscuit “ over and over, .

Many years later, I was working shifts at rowntrees, one night at the start of a night shift one young lad came from another department to help out, none other than...Stuart Grayson,my chance to tell him perhaps, but I couldn’t, funny thing is, I never saw him again ifor as long as I worked there, was it really him?. Or was it a guilt ridden night shift induced vision, a chance at redemption, closure, ? I’ll never know

There, I’ve confessed,
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2019, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Firstly, this incident occurred when I was a minor, therefore I believe I cannot be prosecuted for my “ crime”

Back in nineteen sixty something, I was about six, maybe seven, at primary school, in those days we could have a snack at break time with our school milk, indeed, the school sold some snacks, crisps, biscuits and such, ( yes healthy eh, ), on this particular day , I didn’t have enough money to buy much, just a couple of biscuits, but my classmate, Stuart Grayson, ( there I’ve named him,) , seemed to have plenty, I remember he was able to buy twelve nice, biscuits my favourite , btw, well to a small child this didn’t seem fair, so I decided that , as he had so many , he wouldn’t miss just ONE!, so I took a biscuit and slipped it into my pocket, but, I hadn’t figured on the wrong I did to Stuart, and , to my horror, he told the teacher...the whole class had to line up and be frisked by the teacher, there was me with my I’ll gotten gains, in my pocket, waiting for the inevitable, and ,was it me, ? Or was the biscuit in my pocket getting hotter?, what could I do..?, as the line edged closer to the teacher, I decided to do the right thing, I sneakily broke the biscuit into small pieces and popped each piece into my mouth and let it dissolve, so as not to appear to be seen chewing, ( clever eh) , finally it was my turn, the teacher patted me down , but could find nothing, I had done it, a victimless crime, Stuart never knew, and I never told anyone, ( until now),
Sometimes, when in the supermarket, I wander down the aisle where the biscuits are, and look at the vast assortment of of deliciousness, until my eyes are drawn to the nice biscuits, I close my eyes and still see the line drawing closer to the searching teacher, patting each of her pupils down , rooting out the master criminal , I still eat nice biscuits, but as I crunch each one, I hear the sound in my head that sounds like, “ you stole Stuart’s biscuit “ over and over, .

Many years later, I was working shifts at rowntrees, one night at the start of a night shift one young lad came from another department to help out, none other than...Stuart Grayson,my chance to tell him perhaps, but I couldn’t, funny thing is, I never saw him again ifor as long as I worked there, was it really him?. Or was it a guilt ridden night shift induced vision, a chance at redemption, closure, ? I’ll never know

There, I’ve confessed,
Well confessed, Primus.

My feeling is that next time you're in the supermarket, you should put three packets (at least!) of the same biscuits into the Food Bank box near the entrance. Then you'll be redeemed!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2019, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
Well confessed, Primus.

My feeling is that next time you're in the supermarket, you should put three packets (at least!) of the same biscuits into the Food Bank box near the entrance. Then you'll be redeemed!
That’s a good idea pyxell, but I don’t think I’d survive the trauma of actually holding the packets, I think I suffer from p,b,t,s,d,
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2019, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
That’s a good idea pyxell, but I don’t think I’d survive the trauma of actually holding the packets, I think I suffer from p,b,t,s,d,
You can do it, Primus! Wear gloves!
And sunglasses!

Plus, as a reward for fessing up, buy an extra packet for yourself to go down memory lane with when you get home!

You'll feel soooooooo much better for having made reparation!

Facing the 'fear' always pays dividends, especially if someone else will reap the benefit of you having faced that fear!

And think how much sweeter those biscuits will taste, once they are no longer reminding you of your heinous crime!
Primus1
York

30-06-2019, 09:45 AM

I’ll try, but I’m scared,,,,

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top