Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 05:04 PM

Re: This should sort out our territorial waters

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Are you telling not to fall out with your bread and butter?
Hi

No, not at all, facts are important, that is all.

You are often in error with your statements, your understanding of the law is not very good.

My position is very clear.

I want to Leave the EU.

Not to do so would be totally wrong, it was our decision, not to be overturned by a so called Political Elite.

I do not want to leave with no deal, I think that is stupid and would hand all the power to the EU.

I will not be blackmailed by Varadkar and Co, he needs to be put in his place, end the Common Travel Area.

I think May was an incompetent idiot and Boris is dangerous.

My dislike of them pales into insignificance compared to my loathing of Juncker and Co.

We have been seriously let down by our Politicians and we will pay the price for that.

The difference being that here in the UK we can vote the lot of them out of a Job and good riddance.

In the EU my chance of my vote influencing anything is Zero.

The UK is not here to subsidise and be told what to do by France and Germany.

An EU Army?

No way, we borrow to pay our commitment to NATO.

Germany has a Fiscal Surplus and refuses to pay it's share.

They can sod off.

The huge issues we have with illegal immigration are all down to Merkel.

She opened the Borders and then tried to farm off those she did not want to others.

That is not Democracy, that is Dictatorship.

The Common Agricultural Policy is designed solely to subsidise inefficient French Farmers.

They can sod off as well.

I frequently disagree with others who voted Leave about Strategy, Tactics and outcomes.

So what, that is a discussion for us to have, it does not change my decision to leave.

I have to say Solasch that your posts have the effect of making me even more determined to leave.

We have been too soft with the EU.

If, as has been threatened the EU cut us out of the Security databases and the surveillance satellites so be it.

We will simply stop giving you any information from GCHQ.

The EU will be the big loser on that.

rant over, out we go.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 05:31 PM

Swimfeeders, over the last year I've been reading your posts, and you are steadfast in your opinions. And I agree with you on most, if not all points. The UK should leave, it is the people's choice. And only time will tell how much truth there is in all the projections of gloom, and bloom.

For you, and many others, it is a matter of principle, whereas I would be hesitant to rip apart what has been painstakingly built in 40 years time. It will hurt and it will cause damage, but you are willing to take that.

On the other hand, you keep condemning your political elite. However, they are still the legitimate rule in your country. You cannot blame them for coming belatedly to their senses. Well, you can blame them, but they should act on the knowledge gained over the last year.. However the story ends, if it is at the doing of parliament, it is democracy at work.

Ok, on we go.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 05:35 PM

Swimfeeders, over the last year I've been reading your posts, and you are steadfast in your opinions. And I agree with you on most, if not all points. The UK should leave, it is the people's choice. And only time will tell how much truth there is in all the projections of gloom, and bloom.

For you, and many others, it is a matter of principle, whereas I would be hesitant to rip apart what has been painstakingly built in 40 years time. It will hurt and it will cause damage, but you are willing to take that.

On the other hand, you keep condemning your political elite. However, they are still the legitimate rule in your country. You cannot blame them for coming belatedly to their senses. Well, you can blame them, but they should act on the knowledge gained over the last year.. However the story ends, if it is at the doing of parliament, it is democracy at work.

Ok, on we go.

In case you had forgotten, the Brexit Party won the European elections by a country mile here in the UK.

It must be Fantasy Friday in Holland today
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
In case you had forgotten, the Brexit Party won the European elections by a country mile here in the UK.

It must be Fantasy Friday in Holland today
Hey bread! You an american living in england?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2019, 04:10 AM

Hey bread! You an american living in england?
No ....
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 12:57 AM

Aiiiirrnyway..back on track. Talking carriers. Much discussion here about the relative merits between the large amphibious assault ship/ helicopter and tank carrier ( Like the one pictured below as used by the RAN. We have two of them and after some early teething problems they appear to be proving themselves well according to naval sources.)..and..a heavy aircraft carrier like the one in this thread. Seems to me the former would be more useful in a large area with lots of small island countries like The Pacific. The latter for where there are many countries close together as in Europe. Is this a reasonable guess?

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	HMAS Canberra.png
Views:	43
Size:	315.0 KB
ID:	10737  

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top